And time for

Old December 4th 08, 11:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default And time for

What are you reading?

Just finished - Open Ice by Jack Falla. Great book, really recommend this
for the hockey fans. Ellice and Sara - buy this for the DH's and then read
it yourself.

At work: Foul Play - one of those Janet Evanovich reprints. (yes between
phone calls, I read or do cross word puzzles)

On the throne: Cretaceous Dawn - bunch of scientists get thrown back in time
due to an experiment gone wrong. This may just go back to the library soon.
Plot looks good, but the writing is only so-so.

True leisure time reading - Fortune and Fate - the latest of the Sharon
Shinn Twelfth House books. I really love diving into these and losing
myself.

Cheryl

Old December 4th 08, 12:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you reading?

Just finished - Open Ice by Jack Falla. Great book, really recommend this
for the hockey fans. Ellice and Sara - buy this for the DH's and then read
it yourself.

At work: Foul Play - one of those Janet Evanovich reprints. (yes between
phone calls, I read or do cross word puzzles)

On the throne: Cretaceous Dawn - bunch of scientists get thrown back in time
due to an experiment gone wrong. This may just go back to the library soon.
Plot looks good, but the writing is only so-so.

True leisure time reading - Fortune and Fate - the latest of the Sharon
Shinn Twelfth House books. I really love diving into these and losing
myself.

Cheryl

Speaking of books should I meet with you somewhere tomorrow to retrieve
the one's I loaned to you. Bobbie V.
Old December 4th 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/4/08 7:00 AM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you reading?

Just finished - Open Ice by Jack Falla. Great book, really recommend this
for the hockey fans. Ellice and Sara - buy this for the DH's and then read
it yourself.

At work: Foul Play - one of those Janet Evanovich reprints. (yes between
phone calls, I read or do cross word puzzles)

On the throne: Cretaceous Dawn - bunch of scientists get thrown back in time
due to an experiment gone wrong. This may just go back to the library soon.
Plot looks good, but the writing is only so-so.

True leisure time reading - Fortune and Fate - the latest of the Sharon
Shinn Twelfth House books. I really love diving into these and losing
myself.

Cheryl

Speaking of books should I meet with you somewhere tomorrow to retrieve
the one's I loaned to you. Bobbie V.

I'm working today and tomorrow. If you don't mind early morning visitors,
I'll drop them off after DD's hockey game on Sunday. We'll be done around
9AM

Old December 4th 08, 12:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I'm working today and tomorrow. If you don't mind early morning visitors,
I'll drop them off after DD's hockey game on Sunday. We'll be done around
9AM

That works for Me. Bobbie V.
Old December 4th 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 06:46:09 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Just finished - Open Ice by Jack Falla. Great book, really recommend this
for the hockey fans. Ellice and Sara - buy this for the DH's and then read
it yourself.

Thanks, Cheryl!

Sara
Old December 4th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Parrotfish

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote...
What are you reading?

'Sepulchre' by Kate Mosse.
I wonder if I'll enjoy it as much as 'Labrynth' ?
I sorted through boxes yesterday, looking for Michael Connolly 'Harry Bosch'
books.
What I *did* manage to find was a very nearly complete set of 'Kinsey
Milhone Alphabets'. If anyone is interested in 'E is for Evidence' I've got
a spare.... lol
--
Regards..............P-f

Old December 4th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you reading?

Just finished:

The Bodies Left Behind, by Jeffrey Deaver - unevenly paced mystery
thriller. Terrific first half kind of fizzles out and goes on too long.

The Private Patient, by PD James - still evaluating this one. It was
carefully crafted, but maybe too much so. A little *too* well-mannered,
if you know what I mean.

Currently reading:

Dewey, the Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
with Bret Witter - an absolute charmer of a book, a tribute to cats and
small towns and libraries at the heart of them. Will order a copy of
this for my mom for Christmas!

(It helps that Dewey looks almost exactly like my cat Taz, and has a
similar history. When I read it, I have my own Dewey asleep in my lap!)

Just picked up the new Patricia Cornwall yesterday...that's next.

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old December 4th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
What are you reading?

Maureen is eagerly looking forwards to reading Bernard Cornwell's latest
book "Azincourt". She ordered it from the local library fully expecting
to be put on a long waiting list but was delighted when the mobile
library arrived on its monthly visit and the book was there for her
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old December 4th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

What are you reading?

Maureen is eagerly looking forwards to reading Bernard Cornwell's latest
book "Azincourt". She ordered it from the local library fully expecting
to be put on a long waiting list but was delighted when the mobile
library arrived on its monthly visit and the book was there for her

Am I the only one around here who actually buys books?? I see lots of
people who spend $$$$$$$$$ on needlework supplies, but very few who
spend money on books.

Just the impression I get from reading here.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.