Cross stitch design dilemma

Old July 5th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default Cross stitch design dilemma

wrote:
Joan, thanks for your great ideas and photos. I'm so envious of your
talent - I'll never get to your level of expertise. I'm chomping at the bit
now to get going with all the help I've received from you and the others who
have been kind enough to provide pointers. Thanks ever so much.

Hoooold it! I'm not exactly an expert! After all, I've only designed
3 or 4 things. Just had a brief flash of a wonderful idea (the
photocopying, that is), which works out quite well for me. My very
first design, the sampler, I painstakingly did by drawing out on graph
paper and writing every single stitch in it. Took aaaages! One of the
hardest things I've discovered about designing is choosing the colors.

Thanks for compliment, though! You'll do just fine, I'm sure.

Joan