"Crewel Yule" Question

Old May 20th 05, 07:46 PM
Carolyn Wagner

Default "Crewel Yule" Question

Hello,
I've finally gotten around to reading "Crewel Yule" (which I loved!) and was
just wondering if the Christmas tree sampler has an actual pattern or was
just part of the story. It really sounds like something I'd like to do, if
it is actually available.

I've been lurking off and on lately and probably missed it, but when is the
next Betsy story due out?

Thanks,
Carolyn W.

Old May 20th 05, 11:59 PM
Nyssa

Carolyn Wagner wrote:

Hello,
I've finally gotten around to reading "Crewel Yule" (which I loved!) and was
just wondering if the Christmas tree sampler has an actual pattern or was
just part of the story. It really sounds like something I'd like to do, if
it is actually available.

Since I was the designer of the freebie tree pattern in the book
and the big sampler tree idea, I'll answer that question.

I told Mary Monica about my idea for the Christmas tree sculpture
design when she requested input for the storyline's first draft
'way back when here on rctn. MM used my real first name, Lenore,
for the designer-character's first name in the book as a nod to
my input.

Originally I had planned to design the whole magilla, but personal
circumstances required me to put my designing life on hold soon
after I had designed and stitched the freebie pattern for the book.

Once I've got my situation straightened out, I hope to get back
to working on the big design. I've got the linen on hand for it,
but my head and energy has been everywhere *except* on designing
since my father passed away. sigh

I've been lurking off and on lately and probably missed it, but when is the
next Betsy story due out?

The next book in the series, "Embroidered Truths" is due out the
first week of June.

I've already got it on my Amazon wish list.

Nyssa
At River's End
http://nyssa.cnc.net

Old May 21st 05, 06:08 AM
Karen C - California

Nyssa wrote:

The next book in the series, "Embroidered Truths" is due out the
first week of June.

I've already got it on my Amazon wish list.

Hmmmmm. Let me mention that my birthday is coming, and see if that
gives anyone any gift ideas.....

--
Karen C - California
Finished 5/8/05 - "H is for Hyacinth"

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for my parents, Stars of Merlin
wedding sampler
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old May 23rd 05, 05:00 AM
Cozit/Liz

I'd just been wondering when it was due out... only vaguely remembered
"summer" in the back of my head.

Believe it or not, there are about 14 ahead of me on the hold list for
the book at the library, as of right now.

Not that I won't end up buying it as well, but trips to the bookstore
are far between... while taking a Young Adult Lit class through
mid-July, I'll be hitting the library at *least* once a week, so I'll
get the chance at least nearly as quickly... if folks return on time.

-Liz

Old May 23rd 05, 02:17 PM
Carolyn Wagner

My sympathies to you. ~ I hope things settle down and you can get back to
designing. I would love to see the sculpture design when it is finished. It
sounds so intriguing and am glad to hear it's not just part of the story.
Thanks!

Carolyn W.

"Nyssa" wrote in message
Carolyn Wagner wrote:

[...]

Crewel Yule - attn Mary Monica Jenn L. Needlework 9 October 25th 04 03:17 PM
Crewel Yule! RadioStmpr Needlework 16 October 8th 04 08:28 PM
Phillipa Turnbull Crewel Embroidery Kits for Sale Ehrman Tapestry Marketplace 0 May 25th 04 02:38 AM
Fabrics for Crewel Embroidery sewingsusan Needlework 1 May 6th 04 05:18 PM