Some Pix on RCTNP

Old February 20th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default Some Pix on RCTNP

Hey all,

Just posted a few pix on RCTNP. The actually finished Coffee House (which I
know Donna is vigorously working on). Apologizing for the bad picture of
the little sampler I put in at Woodlawn. I took the picture on the car rear
hatch - with the phone camera - truly a photographic event ;^)

Also - I put up the first row I did of Love & Wisdom. I decided to do this
with 2 strands of NP silk, rather than the 1 which is suggested (strongly)
in the instructions. I actually stitched some with 1 strand, and thought it
looked too X-ish. Very open to comments. The photo is a bit bright - but I
think you can get the idea. This is a link to the chart:

http://www.drawnthread.com/Love%26Wisdom.html

Her pic didn't look as sparse as when I stitched it at first. Which seems
weird in that the sample is on 30 ct, and I'm doing it on 32 ct. Really
nice, soft legacy linen. And I'm not a really tight puller on my stitching,
but who knows. And, these are the colors in the chart - only changed the
gold by one shade.

So, comments welcome - and just a little sharing.

Now - little happy dance - don't have to go to my clinical rotation tonight
(headache and have to go to hockey at 10). Got my jury duty postponed til
spring break - after dragging into the courthouse early this a.m. But, do
get the thrill of a 12 hour shift this Saturday at the ER, and then the
following Sunday. Oh, well - better than sticking needles in patients when
I have a headache. And have I mentioned how much I love doing blood draws?
This hospital - when you put in an IV in the ER, you also pull the rainbow
assortment of blood. So glad that I had to take a phlebotomy class a couple
of years ago (medics don't otherwise really know what all those label colors
mean).

ellice

Old February 20th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

Lovely work Ellice.

I like the Love and Wisdom piece just the way you show it. I don't think 1
strand could be as effective.

Lucille

Old February 21st 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/20/07 5:41 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

Hey all,

Just posted a few pix on RCTNP. The actually finished Coffee House (which I
know Donna is vigorously working on). Apologizing for the bad picture of
the little sampler I put in at Woodlawn. I took the picture on the car rear
hatch - with the phone camera - truly a photographic event ;^)

Actually, the shots are pretty good and I like the blanket!
Also - I put up the first row I did of Love & Wisdom. I decided to do this
with 2 strands of NP silk, rather than the 1 which is suggested (strongly)
in the instructions. I actually stitched some with 1 strand, and thought it
looked too X-ish. Very open to comments. The photo is a bit bright - but I
think you can get the idea. This is a link to the chart:

http://www.drawnthread.com/Love%26Wisdom.html

Very nice!

Cheryl

Old February 21st 07, 06:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 2/20/07 7:43 PM, "lucretia borgia" wrote:

ellice ,in rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with
Hey all,

Just posted a few pix on RCTNP. The actually finished Coffee House (which I
know Donna is vigorously working on). Apologizing for the bad picture of
the little sampler I put in at Woodlawn. I took the picture on the car rear
hatch - with the phone camera - truly a photographic event ;^)

All nice things Ellice, well done.

Thanks a bunch,

ellice

Old February 21st 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 2/20/07 6:28 PM, "Lucille" wrote:

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks very much, Lucille. In the instructions, Catherine strongly suggests
using the threads, count as she has done. But, it just didn't seem right.
I will do as she suggests for the specialty stitches. Most of those are
done with 2 strands - a couple that are very dense, like the slanted sheaf
are with one - and I'll just see what it looks like when I get there.

During my break tonight I finished the next row of XS, which has the
wagon-wheel type stitch in between. That should be interesting. The
instructions also are clear in that all the XS in the borders should be done
before doing the specialty stitches in the border. But, in the body, I
think it's do the XS in the band, then fill in the specialty stitches. As I
get some decent progress I'll post another pic - that isn't too bright.

BTW - have you started the Toccata? I haven't really looked at those
directions again, but I'd guess it's similar.

Ellice

Old February 21st 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Feb 20, 5:41 pm, ellice wrote:
[...]

Nice frame job on the sampler for Woodlawn. I definitely need to bring
her some stuff.

And I was going to ask you a question about your Ye Olde Coffee House.
I think the overdyed I chose that will be the roof might be too
stripey if I simply work across the rows. It doesn't look like this
happened on yours. Did you just work across? I'm considering doing
blocks of three, moving down a row and over one. Or I could work
across the row single stitch and come back and finish the cross. I'll
be bringing this to tomorrow morning's stitch-in at the Scarlet
Thread.

Donna in Virginia

Old February 21st 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

No,not yet. It's sitting neatly on the table and waiting patiently for me
to start. I got involved with another complicated square knitted afghan,
using odds and ends, that I absolutely DO NOT need. I'm almost done with
it and hopefully will get my desire to do needlework back.

I've been on hiatus for a couple of weeks but I think I'm starting to itch
again.

This happens to me every so often but I must admit, it didn't stop me from
buying a couple of charts in the dry period so it's not a major meltdown.
lol

Old February 22nd 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 2/21/07 8:19 AM, "Donna" wrote:

On Feb 20, 5:41 pm, ellice wrote:
[...]

I worked the roof a little in patches - not quite full rows, though I'm
pretty sure that the top 2 rows went 1 full across, then the 2nd halfway.
Often when working with overdyes that's what I do - kind of plan an area.
It may end up with using a little more floss, but gets the look I want.
That said, I used the Weeks Chestnut - which has a pretty subtle graduation,
so didn't get too stripey - and was pleasantly surprised that the difference
in dye lots (by at least a year) when I switched to the 2nd skein isn't
apparent.

I think if I were you I'd do sort of irregular blocks - like rhombus shapes
or something - and then it won't be too stripey.

Will see you at the stitch-in. Yeah.

ellice

Old February 22nd 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

I totally understand. My intensive knitting or quilting seem to cycle with
bouts of needlework. Right now I'm just knitting at hockey games, and
stitching when I can sit still at home - so to speak. I was just curious as
I remembered that you had the Toccata #2, which I have in waiting as well.

ellice

Old February 22nd 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

It's nice and cold here!
I'm almost done with
it and hopefully will get my desire to do needlework back.

I've got one nearly done item and started a spot sampler freebie that I
really liked with some Ozark Sampler floss!

RCTNP Carrie Needlework 1 February 13th 07 06:44 PM
RCTNP Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 February 11th 07 01:26 PM
RCTNP Jere Williams Needlework 24 June 2nd 05 07:48 PM
RCTNP? Sara Needlework 1 April 27th 05 04:14 PM
RCTNP Linda Wright Needlework 4 February 12th 04 09:19 PM