Longtime no see !!

Old September 16th 12, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Melissa L

Default Longtime no see !!

Bout 13 years I reckon Things have changed! I don't see as much fussin
and fightin as I used to, maybe I'll stick around. One thing about it, I met
my "sister" and best friend for life here, Nathalie Forster.
Karen posting to one of our yahoogroups about MLI's passing is what got me
to thinking about this place. I called up my podunky co-op ISP and asked
what the news server was. "Huh? A what?" Um...for Usenet? Every ISP has
them? Not mine. Had to search a bit for a free one I could read in my mail
client. And still ended up reading it through Google interface.
Anyhoo, how yall been? I'm trying to slowly get back into stitching, I hurt
my back in a car wreck back in May, so between that and having to get new
glasses (bifocals! at 41!), I haven't been stitching much. But I do have a
wonderful wizard & dragon kit I'm going to be starting. Just nothing smaller
than a 20 count for anymore I'm afraid.
I'm from Texas, widowed mom of 2 teen boys who were just itty bitty when I
first started posting here..from dialup AOL! lol I recently quit smoking
(day 5!) and need some "fidgets" for my hands, so what better than a needle?
My youngest, Jacob, is 12 (turns 13 Oct 2nd), and came to me the other night
and said "Mom ya know what? I want to knit. I want to be an amazing
knitter." Now I can't knit to save my life. I've tried the "Teach me to
knit" kits and all of it. So I asked him why he wants to knit, he wants to
make a blanket for his bed. I told him of the difference between knitting
and crocheting, and I think I have him convinced to try crocheting and start
off with an easy patchwork quilt with scraps me and my mom have left over,
rather than buying a ton of yarn only to have him get bored halfway through
and give up.
Anyway I'll quit rambling, nice to see yall again!
Melissa L.
Old September 16th 12, 10:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:23:54 AM UTC+3, Melissa L wrote:
Welcome back !
nice that your son wants to crochet
there are lots of Utubes that show how
mirjam
Old September 16th 12, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Melissa L

On Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:38:08 AM UTC-5, (unknown) wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 19:23:54 -0700 (PDT), Melissa L

wrote:

[...]

Hi there, long time no see. Why don't you try

http://www.eternal-september.org/

it's a free newsreader and much nicer than gurglegroups. It seems to

be the most popular one. Very few ISPs do anything about usenet

anymore. ES will let you access most text groups but not binaries, if

you want binaries you will need to pay for a service like APN or

giganews.

Thanks! Eternal september works splendidly!!
Old September 27th 12, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

On 9/15/2012 9:23 PM, Melissa L wrote:
Bout 13 years I reckon Things have changed!

Welcome back, Melissa! In your honor, maybe we should start another
round of "What I'm stitching". I'm sure you'll find lots more
inspiration! beg I'll start it in another post.

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan