A UFO bites the dust

Old October 25th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default A UFO bites the dust

I finished something quilty! I actually *finished* a quilt!!! LOL I
had planned to decorate my quilting studio with a jungle theme, but
with the garage returned to a garage, we decided to use the jungle
theme in the guest bedroom while we are gearing up for selling this
house. So far I've finished the quilt, bedskirt, shams and pillows.
Oh... and the snake. My next projects are the monkey, parrot and the
palm tree. First two pics in this WebShots folder-

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/395885816

Leslie (happy dancing) & The Furbabies in MO.- joining in the happy
dancing even if they have nooooooo idea what the heck is going on!!!

Old October 25th 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Looking good, Leslie!
By the way, I love how you have done the kitchen. The wallpaper looks
lovely.
..
In message . com,
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 25th 06, 08:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

wooo hooo!!!

I love the way you did the snakes head - did you make it up as you went or
did you use a pattern? I have a snake to make soon so was wondering ;-)

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old October 25th 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

I love what you've done - in both the jungle room and the kitchen. That
snake is adorable, and I can't wait to see the other critters. Are you using
patterns or making them up as you go?

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

ups.com...

Old October 25th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On 24 Oct 2006 20:07:40 -0700, "Leslie & The Furbabies in
MO." wrote:

I finished something quilty! I actually *finished* a quilt!!!

The quilt is beautiful, and I love the snake! Can't wait to
see the rest of the critters.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old October 25th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default The Snake/ was A UFO bites the dust

Jessamy and Louise-

I drew the snake pattern on freezer paper that was folded in half so
both the left and right sides would be the same. (bg) The hardest
part was making the pattern wide enough so that the snake wouldn't be
too skinny when it was sewn and stuffed. You can take your paper
pattern and hold it into a curve to get an idea if it's going to be the
right size when stuffed. I had purchased the fabric some time ago, so
the snake's length was dictated by how much fabric I had- I added the
black stripes to make it longer. I would have liked it even longer
yet.... The parrot and monkey will be made from purchased patterns. I
couldn't possibly "create" a pattern for anything that complex.

Thanks for the nice compliments!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.
..

Old October 25th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

How fun Leslie. You do such a great job on anything you set your
mind to!
Happy dancing for you.
Taria

.

Old October 25th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article . com,
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

I finished something quilty! I actually *finished* a quilt!!! LOL I
had planned to decorate my quilting studio with a jungle theme, but
with the garage returned to a garage, we decided to use the jungle
theme in the guest bedroom while we are gearing up for selling this
house. So far I've finished the quilt, bedskirt, shams and pillows.
Oh... and the snake. My next projects are the monkey, parrot and the
palm tree. First two pics in this WebShots folder-

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/395885816

Leslie (happy dancing) & The Furbabies in MO.- joining in the happy
dancing even if they have nooooooo idea what the heck is going on!!!

Wonderful, Leslie! But it's a good thing that snake is so flirtatious
with her big eyelashes -- imagine waking up after a first night spent at
your house and seeing a scary snake first thing! LOL!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 26th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ellice

On 10/24/06 11:07 PM, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

I finished something quilty! I actually *finished* a quilt!!! LOL I
had planned to decorate my quilting studio with a jungle theme, but
with the garage returned to a garage, we decided to use the jungle
theme in the guest bedroom while we are gearing up for selling this
house. So far I've finished the quilt, bedskirt, shams and pillows.
Oh... and the snake. My next projects are the monkey, parrot and the
palm tree. First two pics in this WebShots folder-

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/395885816

Leslie (happy dancing) & The Furbabies in MO.- joining in the happy
dancing even if they have nooooooo idea what the heck is going on!!!

Congratulations - have a big Jungle Rhythym Happy Dance around the room. I
love the way it looks. The snake is too cute for wards - kind of a jungle
guardian snake with those eyes.

Enjoy, and good luck with selling the house.

Ellice in NoVA