S.E.X. today !!!!

Old July 25th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default S.E.X. today !!!!

My friend & I went into town today to troll our favourite Value Village
stores. One was stocked up with all kinds of good stuff.
I found a nice soft pillowform I will use when I knit a cover for it.
I bought various pieces of clothing - including 2 pairs of really ugly
cotton shorts that will be perfect for wearing while gardening (snicker).
They were $1.99 each and if I wreck them gardening - who cares?

But........ the S.E.X. !!

A huge cone of something tweedy in shades of taupe with dark & light brown
tweedy bits - I'm hoping it's wool so I can felt a bag or something. I did
the burn test. It burns, it didn't melt... does that mean it's wool?
($2.99) I'm going to swatch it and throw it in the washer to see what
happens.

A large puck of something else that looks like wool - maybe the White
Buffalo, or whatever it's called. It's a heathery taupe. I'll have to burn
it too. ($1.99)

2 x 100 gr vintage skeins of Jaeger "natur garn", made in Great Britain,
100% new wool, grey mix in colour ($2.99)

A huge (300 gr) skein of peach coloured "cotton ball" by Marnel yarns - 1080
meters ($1.99)

And the best of all - 2 x 50 gr balls of Lady Galt Kroy sock yarn in
heathered grey for $1.99

Heeee heeee heee

Shelagh

Old July 26th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:16:14 -0500, "Shillelagh"
spewed forth :

But........ the S.E.X. !!

In public, no less!

A huge cone of something tweedy in shades of taupe with dark & light brown
tweedy bits - I'm hoping it's wool so I can felt a bag or something. I did
the burn test. It burns, it didn't melt... does that mean it's wool?

Depends. Does it smell like burning hair, burning paper, or
non-chemical burning something? Lyocel/tencel is a wood product and
smells like burning paper, ditto cotton. If it smelled like hair
it'll have at least some wool or mohair content to it. Is there no
label at all inside the cone?

($2.99) I'm going to swatch it and throw it in the washer to see what
happens.

Good plan.

A large puck of something else that looks like wool - maybe the White
Buffalo, or whatever it's called. It's a heathery taupe. I'll have to burn
it too. ($1.99)

2 x 100 gr vintage skeins of Jaeger "natur garn", made in Great Britain,
100% new wool, grey mix in colour ($2.99)

A huge (300 gr) skein of peach coloured "cotton ball" by Marnel yarns - 1080
meters ($1.99)

And the best of all - 2 x 50 gr balls of Lady Galt Kroy sock yarn in
heathered grey for $1.99

The dollar stores here only ever have off-brand weird-ass nylon for
cheap. I'm jealous ;D

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 26th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:16:14 -0500, "Shillelagh"
spewed forth :

But........ the S.E.X. !!

In public, no less!

Yep, in public! And it was fun!

If it smelled like hair it'll have at least some wool or mohair content

to it. Is there no label at all inside the cone?

I think it smelled like hair. No label, except for the price.

($2.99) I'm going to swatch it and throw it in the washer to see what
happens.

Good plan.

Of course, I'll measure it carefully beforehand. I have the swatch knitted
up already. I'll take a pic of it and post it on my Yahoo Album.

The dollar stores here only ever have off-brand weird-ass nylon for cheap.

I'm jealous ;D

Welllllllllllll, Value Village isn't a dollar store. =8D This is all
recycled stuff. The weird thing is, even though there are at least 4 of
these stores in Winnipeg, it seems that it's one store in particular that
gets the yarn worth buying. And lots of times when I look in the section
where they display the yarn, there's nothing that interests me. Of course
there's also lots of bags with acrylic yarn or thin crochet cotton in them,
but that's not what I'm looking for. For instance today, there were also 4
other cones of yarn, but it was very fine and I didn't think I'd use it.

I remember last year at the same store, I went absolutely bonkers and almost
filled a shopping cart with hanks and hanks of wool (probably worsted
weight) in many colours. I've used some of it for felting slippers and
bags, but I still have tons of it in a tote. I'm hopeless around yarn.....
I am truly the living embodiment of S.A.B.L.E. (stash acquisition beyond
life expectancy). I probably need to have a note in my will about
distributing all this yarn. (laugh).

Shelagh

Old July 26th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 22:11:51 -0500, "Shillelagh"
spewed forth :

I am truly the living embodiment of S.A.B.L.E. (stash acquisition beyond
life expectancy).

No way. I'm embarassed by my stash. I've got 10 sweaters' worth of
WoolPak, alone. The quantity of Cascade is at least as large, and I
stocked up on Nashua alpaca/wool sportweight when my LYS had a big
sale in the spring. I have a 40-gallon tote that is nothing but hairy
mohair, and another that's nothing but sock yarn. Then there are the
two 40-gallon totes full of lace yarn, and the handspun...

And let's not get started on my spinning fiber!

I probably need to have a note in my will about
distributing all this yarn. (laugh).

I did that. Seriously. I put the stash and the equipment in my will.
When I croak my will contains instructions for my friend the shepherd
and have her dispose of the stuff on behalf of my estate. If she dies
before me (possible, as she's older and has family history to contend
with) I'll change my will. She'd actually like to get some of my
stash for her own use

+++++++++++++

Old July 26th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 22:11:51 -0500, "Shillelagh"
spewed forth :

I am truly the living embodiment of S.A.B.L.E. (stash acquisition beyond
life expectancy).

No way. I'm embarassed by my stash. I've got 10 sweaters' worth of
WoolPak, alone. The quantity of Cascade is at least as large, and I
stocked up on Nashua alpaca/wool sportweight when my LYS had a big
sale in the spring. I have a 40-gallon tote that is nothing but hairy
mohair, and another that's nothing but sock yarn. Then there are the
two 40-gallon totes full of lace yarn, and the handspun...

And let's not get started on my spinning fiber!

(giggle) I bow to your superiority!! You probably do have more stash.
Ain't that great ??? (big evil grin). And, BTW, I have uploaded that
picture of the swatch from the mystery yarn I bought yesterday. I'll be
washing it today to see what happens. Go here to have a look:
http://tinyurl.com/jequs

Old July 27th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

Default yarn stash, because my ISP is prissy

In article ,
Wooly wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 22:11:51 -0500, "Shillelagh"
spewed forth :

I am truly the living embodiment of S.A.B.L.E. (stash acquisition beyond
life expectancy).

No way. I'm embarassed by my stash. I've got 10 sweaters' worth

snip

And let's not get started on my spinning fiber!

I probably need to have a note in my will about
distributing all this yarn. (laugh).

I did that. Seriously. I put the stash and the equipment in my will.
When I croak my will contains instructions for my friend the shepherd
and have her dispose of the stuff on behalf of my estate. If she dies
before me (possible, as she's older and has family history to contend
with) I'll change my will. She'd actually like to get some of my
stash for her own use

In case of too-close encounters, it would be a good idea to
add a codicil to the will that says "if she dies first,
then someone else is in charge of disposing of the stash."

=Tamar

Old August 7th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
He Shelagh , since i can`t shop wools now ,, please enjoy it in my
name as well
mirjam

Wow, Shelagh! That was fabulous! I rarely find wool in VV, unfortunately.

Thank you Mirjam & Katherine! I still have to decide what to make with
them.....

Shelagh

Old August 7th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Shillelagh wrote:
[...]

S.E.X glorious S.E.X.!!! Amber Needlework 2 April 15th 06 08:54 PM
WooHoo I had S.E.X today!!! Cheryl Quilting 5 February 4th 06 01:05 PM
Aviation and S.E.X. Mika Quilting 4 November 18th 05 05:39 AM
Yee-haw - I did some beading today! Marisa2 Beads 9 September 14th 04 08:45 PM