Getting Rid of the Blues -- I need stashbusting tips BIG TIME!!!

Old June 22nd 05, 12:02 AM
Susan Torrens

I've been making scrap quilts lately, and I think it helps get you over the
"I don't think these go well together" blues. I think they would be
wonderful in a quilt or two!
--
Susan in Kingston ON
quilting - what else?
"the black rose" wrote in message
I have 31.8 yds of various blue fabrics, mostly strong prints that don't
play well with others. Some tend toward teal and others are cooler
shades, nearly all are at least 2 yd cuts, most are about 3 yds, and one
is -- yes really -- 9 yds (can you say, "Hmm, backing?" I knew ya

could!).

I had this vague idea of using them all up somehow. Until I got them
out and actually figured out how many yds of fabric are really there.

I need help. Mostly I need ideas that use up fabrics that don't like
each other. Is there actually a quilt that could use up a significant
amount of Sumatra by P&B Textiles, AND Symmetry by Paula Nadelstern for
Benartex, AND Luana by Timeless Treasures Fabrics, AND The Butterfly
Queen by Jason Yenter for In The Beginning fabrics, AND a dark teal
batik, AND Cyber Cotton by Robert Kaufman, AND a medium blue Moda
Marble, AND Night Life by Fabri-Quilt Inc, AND some sparkly medium-dark
blue stuff that doesn't have a name?

Here's a pic of the fabrics:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...74406215NDAJlR
The three right-most ones are more teal-y than my monitor would have one
believe. The ones more to the left are cooler tones of blue. The
right-most fabric, the teal-y paisley, is the one I have 9 yds of.

With more than 31 yards of fabric, if I have to buy so much as a fat
quarter to make this work, I will cry.

I'm about to drown the world in blue lap quilts. *snicker*

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )

Old June 23rd 05, 08:45 PM
The Larsons

well-I thought I was the only one with that problem...DH got me 75 yards of
fabric at an auction....yes-it was GREEN!!!!!!! I hate green with a
passion...there were so many many different shades and many hues and
designs/prints....I made a trip around the world-a log cabin-and a Japanesse
Coin quilt...I still have quite a few yards left. On the log cabin-I did it
lapquilting....using 13"squares of fabric (green) on the backs..works great
for me! Hope this gives you an idea-Lisa,queen of freebies

AD: Denim Blues Cindy Schoepp Beads 0 June 6th 05 12:11 AM
OT HUMOR: PMS BLUES SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 0 May 12th 05 04:37 PM
[AD] The Blues Bacchae Beads 4 July 22nd 04 09:40 AM
AD: Brights and Blues and Alien Fiesta Susan B. Beads 6 June 4th 04 05:23 AM
AD: Blues Tornado, Amethyst Meanders and Rosa's River Ramble Susan B. Beads 2 November 18th 03 10:05 PM