Leverage, indeed

Old August 9th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default Leverage, indeed

Aaron threatened to send me some leverage, and he did indeed! A set
of pins long enough to knit a tent on, and a smaller set for socks,
plus a very nice hand-carved knitting sheath.

I guess I'll have to practice throwing now

Thanks, friend! Watch your mail for a package...

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old August 10th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:27:56 GMT, Wooly spun a fine yarn

Aaron threatened to send me some leverage, and he did indeed! A set
of pins long enough to knit a tent on, and a smaller set for socks,
plus a very nice hand-carved knitting sheath.

I guess I'll have to practice throwing now

Thanks, friend! Watch your mail for a package...

+++++++++++++

OHMYGAWD~~~ how long has it BEEN since you've *thrown*, Wooly?
Congrats on your 'parcel'!

Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0632-1, 08/09/2006
Tested: 8/9/2006 6:27:16 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 10th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 18:27:15 -0500, YarnWright
spewed forth :

OHMYGAWD~~~ how long has it BEEN since you've *thrown*, Wooly?
Congrats on your 'parcel'!

Since I tried jabbing a DPN into the thumb of my cast in February?
I've always been *able* to throw, it's a matter of preference,
donchano!

+++++++++++++

Old August 10th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I heard that you were dying to experiment this week, and thought I had
better catch you in the mood.

Come on now! Are you not just a bit curious about a hand knitting technique
that the Knitters of Dale used to knit 200 plus stitches per minute? Are
you not just a bit curious about a knitting technique that would cause a
cheapskate-packrat like myself to discard hundreds of knitting needles?

Still cool and breezy here. Besides no time to dye here! Inquiring minds
want to know, so I have documents due.

Aaron

Old August 10th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Wooly wrote:
Aaron threatened to send me some leverage, and he did indeed! A set
of pins long enough to knit a tent on, and a smaller set for socks,
plus a very nice hand-carved knitting sheath.

I guess I'll have to practice throwing now

Thanks, friend! Watch your mail for a package...

LOL Let me know how things go, Wooly.

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 10th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 02:13:25 GMT, spewed forth :

I heard that you were dying to experiment this week, and thought I had
better catch you in the mood.

Come on now! Are you not just a bit curious about a hand knitting technique
that the Knitters of Dale used to knit 200 plus stitches per minute? Are
you not just a bit curious about a knitting technique that would cause a
cheapskate-packrat like myself to discard hundreds of knitting needles?

Of course I'm curious, but I like my circs and it'll take a LOT to get
me to give them up. Especially those nice nylon ones I inherited

Still cool and breezy here. Besides no time to dye here! Inquiring minds
want to know, so I have documents due.

I finally freed up a litter bucket, no shortage of photons here. Now
to make the time to hose out the bucket (it was holding part of my 50#
stash of baking soda that I use for cat "oopsies" which are becoming
more frequent as my cat population ages) and set it up as a solar dye
lab. Not that doing so will take much time, I just need to remember
to do it some morning early before the sun starts baking the front
walk - which is where I intend to set the bucket for the day.

So.

Tomorrow of Back to School day for us, and piano lesson day, and as
the pools are starting to close for the season already we have a
longer trek to get to a decent pool, ie one large enough to maintain
some semblance of coolness despite the gawdawful solar heating.

Maybe Friday I'll get the solar dye bucket set up...

Old August 10th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

A knitting sheath is to knitting; like the number 1 is to math. "1" is a
nice number, but there is a vanishing small probability that it is the
answer to any particular question in math. On the other hand, sometimes "1"
is the right answer, and you can not really consider yourself a
mathematician until you understand "1."

Likewise, a knitting sheath or pouch is not the right tool for many knitting
projects, but when it is the right tool, it is the answer.

Aaron