Where to start...?

Old July 6th 03, 02:27 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Default Where to start...?

Well..maybe I am gonna a bit selfish and start from myself
and my health. This summer is crazy. First it took my lungs.
Now it has stolen my voice almost completely. I can't sing
at all and can hardly talk. I have drunk 2 cups of tea with
honey today, and the voice goes worse and worse. I really
can not talk! Guess who is frustrated...Lucky me I can still
knit and write. Those skills the conditions can not take
from me. And that is a good way to go into my question.
First...There is a sweater under a process. The owner-to-be
is my sister. I have knitted a bit the back. First mission
was to cast on 72 stitches. No troubles for that. The second
part was to knit 4 cm like this: knit 2, purl 2. Well...I
did a bit too much....7 cm. Anyway...then I had to add the
stitches...8 stitches. I managed to do that too. Now to my
question. The pattern says I should knit stockinette untill
there is...25 cm done. With the 2 knit 2 purl - part or
without it? That is the point I'd like to know. Should I
take the ribbing part with or leave it out when I take
measures?
Best: Pirjo

Old July 6th 03, 03:30 PM
Norma

Pirjo,
I can't help you with your knitting question, but I am sure someone here
will. But for your throat- My favourite recipe for sore throat is - mix 2
tablespoons apple cider vinegar with a cup of warm water. Gargle twice,
swallow the mixture slowly. Do this at least 2 times an hour. It should
clear up your problem quite quickly.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Old July 6th 03, 05:00 PM
NoraBalcer

Pirjo,

Making the lenght of the sweater will be up to you, if you include the extra
band width you have to remember to do that on the fronts too. I would assume
the pattern means 25 cm in total including the band, but I may be wrong.

Hugs,

Aunt Nora