2nd of 2 quilts finished

Old January 30th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default 2nd of 2 quilts finished

Here is the second of 2 identical quilts for a second nephew (yet to
be born), that is on my wife's side of the family. Glad it is done as
I was getting tired of doing 2 of them in a row. They did go quickly
though, so it wasn't really that bad.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...GAhjs?start=24

John
Old January 30th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Quickly?!

You're not kidding g
Well done John. The boys will love them.
..
In message
,
John writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 31st 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
John wrote:

Here is the second of 2 identical quilts for a second nephew (yet to
be born), that is on my wife's side of the family. Glad it is done as
I was getting tired of doing 2 of them in a row. They did go quickly
though, so it wasn't really that bad.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...GAhjs?start=24

John

Wow, John! You're *fast*! Another bright, colorful quilt that will be a
joy for a baby.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old January 31st 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jan 30, 8:02*pm, Sandy wrote:
In article
,

*John wrote:
Here is the second of 2 identical quilts for a second nephew (yet to
be born), that is on my wife's side of the family. Glad it is done as
I was getting tired of doing 2 of them in a row. They did go quickly
though, so it wasn't really that bad.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...GAhjs?start=24

John

Wow, John! You're *fast*! Another bright, colorful quilt that will be a
joy for a baby.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

I kind of cheated. I already had the fabric pre-washed and cut out,
from doing the first quilt. So it was just a couple of long days
piecing and quilting the whole thing together. It also was only 32" X
51" so that speeds up the whole process. I am glad it is finished,. I
wanted to get it out to him before he graduated out of a crib. I
called and told the young couple in California that I was sending it
and they were excited. I know the young man, but have never met the
young woman. I talked to her on the phone and was very impressed. She
works at UC. Davis and is involved in Cancer Research. she didn't tell
me exactly in what area of that important pursuit, but I guess there
are a multitude of approaches in this most complex of medical
mysteries.

John

Old January 31st 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
John wrote:

I kind of cheated. I already had the fabric pre-washed and cut out,
from doing the first quilt. So it was just a couple of long days
piecing and quilting the whole thing together. It also was only 32" X
51" so that speeds up the whole process. I am glad it is finished,. I
wanted to get it out to him before he graduated out of a crib. I
called and told the young couple in California that I was sending it
and they were excited. I know the young man, but have never met the
young woman. I talked to her on the phone and was very impressed. She
works at UC. Davis and is involved in Cancer Research. she didn't tell
me exactly in what area of that important pursuit, but I guess there
are a multitude of approaches in this most complex of medical
mysteries.

That's not cheating, John -- that's "quilting smart"! G