Sort Of OT--Glue Sticks

Old February 22nd 04, 05:10 PM
Joan8904

Default Sort Of OT--Glue Sticks

I have extra glue sticks left over from my Moon Over the Mountain project. I
remember vaguely that someone had a hint for keeping glue sticks fresh, but
can't remember if it was putting in the refrigerator or the freezer. Anyone
have a hint?

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Old February 23rd 04, 02:27 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
(Joan8904) wrote:

I have extra glue sticks left over from my Moon Over the Mountain project. I
remember vaguely that someone had a hint for keeping glue sticks fresh, but
can't remember if it was putting in the refrigerator or the freezer. Anyone
have a hint?

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

I was told to keep them in a zip bag in the fridge. HTH.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old February 23rd 04, 06:50 PM
Bonnie Patterson

I put them into one of those vacuum sealed bags. Then keep it in my
sewing room stuff.
I made the first bag long and just keep re-sealing it. Yes, it gets
shorter each time but, I do think that it saves in the long run.

Old February 23rd 04, 07:39 PM
Eli

I've read to put them in the refrigerator. I never do... My kids would
probably eat them. :-)

Gina in IL

Old February 23rd 04, 08:54 PM
Mel Rimmer

In article , Eli
writes
I've read to put them in the refrigerator. I never do... My kids would
probably eat them. :-)

You could disguise them as broccoli. Then they'd be perfectly safe.
--
Mel Rimmer
Old February 24th 04, 12:10 AM
melinda

Mel Rimmer wrote:
In article , Eli
writes
I've read to put them in the refrigerator. I never do... My kids would
probably eat them. :-)

You could disguise them as broccoli. Then they'd be perfectly safe.

They wouldn't be in my house! I must have a weird kid, he loves his
vegies and fruit and meat, the only thing he hasn't be too keen on
has been ice cream! All this a week and half shy of 8 months old.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old February 24th 04, 12:18 AM
Lisa Ellis

melinda wrote:

They wouldn't be in my house! I must have a weird kid, he loves his
vegies and fruit and meat, the only thing he hasn't be too keen on
has been ice cream! All this a week and half shy of 8 months old.

Ice cream is probably too cold for him...

I remeber the first tiem my ds tasted ice cream at about 16 months. He
was like a little bird, with his mouth wide open waiting for another
bite. Too funny, as normally he wouldn't let me feed him anything...

lisae

Old February 24th 04, 12:23 AM
Mel Rimmer

In article , melinda
writes

They wouldn't be in my house! I must have a weird kid, he loves his
vegies and fruit and meat, the only thing he hasn't be too keen on
has been ice cream! All this a week and half shy of 8 months old.

He's lulling you into a false sense of security. My eldest would eat
anything at all when he was just weaning - cauliflower and peach puree
was a good one. But then one day he woke up and decided he wouldn't eat
anything at all except pasta pesto for about 4 years.
--
Mel Rimmer
Old February 24th 04, 02:26 AM
Pat in Virginia

Hey Bonnie! Thanks for the tip. Are you coming to MAQF this week?
We are meeting on Friday morning before the show opens, about
9:15, in the Marriott coffee shop balcony.
PAT

Old February 24th 04, 04:27 AM
melinda

Lisa Ellis wrote:
melinda wrote:

They wouldn't be in my house! I must have a weird kid, he loves his
vegies and fruit and meat, the only thing he hasn't be too keen on
has been ice cream! All this a week and half shy of 8 months old.

Ice cream is probably too cold for him...

I remeber the first tiem my ds tasted ice cream at about 16 months. He
was like a little bird, with his mouth wide open waiting for another
bite. Too funny, as normally he wouldn't let me feed him anything...

That's what he's like with mango in particular, and orange vegies -
carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato...

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol