Help with glue sticks for applique

Old October 28th 03, 02:18 PM
The Brown Family

Default Help with glue sticks for applique

I've just started using a glue stick for doing appliqué and I really like
it, except the glue stick gets really gummy pretty quickly. I've put them
in the freezer and it helps a bit for a while. I have the Ross glue sticks,
are there better ones, what do you use?

Lorraine

Old October 28th 03, 03:40 PM
Joanna

I use Ross as well. I think it's just a plain sticky messy job, but it works.
Joanna
--
Remove "quilt" to reply

Old October 28th 03, 05:51 PM
Don/Gen

I use the ones from Joann's--Fabric Glue stick by Dritz. I stock up on the
notions 50% off sales. I also use Glue Baste-it by Roxanne. A little
expensive, but you use only tiny drops. Available at most LQS.
Gen

ble.rogers.com...

Old October 28th 03, 07:19 PM
Jennifer Hepworth

Hi Lorraine, I also have a supply of Ross glue sticks which are stored
in the freezer until required for some project or other.
I found that it was easier to use the end of a wooden cocktail stick to
apply the glue to the fabric in lesser amounts.
Jennifer in Ottawa

Old October 28th 03, 08:01 PM
..Mickie Swall..

I used Ross - once - and went running back to Scotch brand.
Not only is the stick less gummy, the top is big enough that
I can get a good grip on it to open it, don't even have to use
my teeth! I ordered a case from the local office supply store,
price worked out to less than 65 cents each.
I also use Scotch's Restickable Adhesive glue stick on the
back of templates - keeps them from slipping around on the
fabric when I trace around them.
Mickie, who uses glue instead of pins for lots of things! ;o)

Old October 28th 03, 11:44 PM
Sharon Harper

I use ..... bugger! Would you believe the kids have nicked both of them?
They are yellow tubes, purchased from the supermarket for $2 or so. Work
fine and don't go smoodgy.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old October 30th 03, 12:44 AM
nzl*

beats me, who needs glue anyhow, lol.
jeanne

"M. Wetmore" wrote...

Mickie Swall wrote:

| I used Ross - once - and went running back to Scotch brand.
| Not only is the stick less gummy, the top is big enough that
| I can get a good grip on it to open it, don't even have to use
| my teeth! I ordered a case from the local office supply store,
| price worked out to less than 65 cents each.
| I also use Scotch's Restickable Adhesive glue stick on the
| back of templates - keeps them from slipping around on the
| fabric when I trace around them.
| Mickie, who uses glue instead of pins for lots of things! ;o)

The Brown Family wrote...

Old October 30th 03, 05:19 AM
melinda

Sharon Harper wrote:
I use ..... bugger! Would you believe the kids have nicked both of them?
They are yellow tubes, purchased from the supermarket for $2 or so. Work
fine and don't go smoodgy.

Might be UHU brand glue sticks.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

applying glue Grant General Crafting 1 November 29th 04 05:27 PM
Faux Wax Seals - Colored Hot Melt Glue Theresa Rubberstamps 0 November 29th 04 05:21 PM
What glue to stick a floor down? Cathy Weeks Doll Houses 2 April 5th 04 07:09 PM
Special Glue Wanda General Crafting 4 March 2nd 04 12:30 PM
Glue? Glue Sticks? Renee99 General Crafting 4 November 14th 03 03:53 PM