a small RANT, if you will

Old February 9th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default a small RANT, if you will

Here is her quote

"I have received a number of hugs when dropping off my items and know
that the
hug or smile is my payment for doing something that I love "

Darlene sayd she was looking for payment..or am I reading that sentence
inorrect??

I did post it in brackets..
Yes I am new to this program and dont know how to post..sorry

Old February 9th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Teacher Gal" wrote in message

I get a feeling I may have been the one who offended Noreen. I didn't

mean
to, and was only pointing out that a comment was made that included an
incorrect generalization of an entire island's people. I didn't mean for

it
to come off as attacking or inflamatory. All I meant to do was provide
correct information where the people were concerned. I thought I did so
calmly, factually, and without bias or rudeness. Apparently, I was wrong.
If panties were bunched because of it, I don't see as I can be blamed. If
someone wishes to find me at fault, fine. I can't change their mind, and
the past is done. I'm not going to feel guilty about it.

On to other things, please.

Anastasia

Anastasia, your post was informative and in no way offensive. Actually, I
didn't see anyone jump all over Noreen here so I'm still wondering what her
rant here was really all about.

--
Jan in MN

Old February 9th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"The Jonathan Lady" wrote in message
[...]

I have to assume that your newsreader doesn't show all the posts, there
were some horrendous ones.
Noreen

Old February 9th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"nbjess" wrote in message
oups.com...
I do donate to local charities when I can..and I DID NOT PAY FOR ANY
POSTAGE TO SEND THE TEDDIES.. A group of "Helping Hands for Haiti"
health care workers are travelling there on Feb 11th and have donated
sports bag to pack them in..and they are shipping them with their own
suitcases.. Sorry to dissapoint everyone..Anything I could donated is
my time and a lot of left over yarn from years gone by.

I think it's great! Haiti is something like the 2nd poorest nation in the
world, and although there are certainly lots of other poor countries (and
poor areas in our own country), if there's a group already going down there,
what a perfect opportunity to send something with for the children.
Especially since the group is health care workers, no doubt treating their
share of kids with illnesses. I'm sure it will be a treat for them to be
able to give the kids a teddy.

Old February 9th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"The YarnWright" wrote in message

[...]

Mine shows them all, and I didn't see any that I considered horrendous or
inflammatory.

Old February 9th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I didn't say I was looking for payment. What I was saying that it's
nice when you can sometimes receive a hug or see a smile when you drop
items off at the charity that you help.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word payment.

Darlene in Toronto

Old February 9th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Karen in MN" ask.me.for.my.email.address wrote in message
. net...

"nbjess" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, and a comfort to a little one who has to get a needle or take yucky
medicine. I'm sure the teddies will put a smile on those little faces. )

Gemini

Old February 9th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

[...]

I didn't find Anastasia's post offensive either.

Gemini

Old February 9th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Karen in MN" ask.me.for.my.email.address wrote in message
. net...

"The YarnWright" wrote in message

I have to assume that your newsreader doesn't show all the posts, there
were some horrendous ones.
Noreen

Mine shows them all, and I didn't see any that I considered horrendous or
inflammatory.

I never saw any horrendous posts either... and I'm *pretty* sure I got them
all. *shrug*

Gemini

Old February 9th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"nbjess" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here is her quote

"I have received a number of hugs when dropping off my items and know
that the hug or smile is my payment for doing something that I love "

Darlene sayd she was looking for payment..or am I reading that sentence
inorrect??

Yes, you are incorrect. No, she didn't say she was looking for payment.
She said the hug or smile was her payment, in other words the hug/smile were
her inspiration, or perhaps, her reward for the work she loves to do
(crochet/knit).

I did post it in brackets..

If you posted it in brackets in your original post, I didn't see it, all I
saw was your comment.

Yes I am new to this program and dont know how to post..sorry

That's okay, but please, in your future posts, please include the sentence
or paragraph you are posting about. Then we'll all know what you are
talking about. ;) Or have a look at how I've answered your post. You can
do it that way too. Welcome to the group and tell us more about yourself!

Shelagh