Knit Picks yarn

Old September 25th 05, 07:30 PM
Amanda Tikkanen

Default Knit Picks yarn

Mom and I were looking at some yarns at http://www.knitpicks.com. The
yarns seem to be good from the descriptions on the site, but the prices
seem too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with these
yarn--good or bad? How does it knit? How does it hold up in the long
run? That kind of thing.

Any input is appreciated.

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com

Old September 25th 05, 10:22 PM
The Jonathan Lady

"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mom and I were looking at some yarns at http://www.knitpicks.com. The
yarns seem to be good from the descriptions on the site, but the prices
seem too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with these
yarn--good or bad? How does it knit? How does it hold up in the long
run? That kind of thing.

Any input is appreciated.

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com

I've used the Merino Style for some of the 6x6 squares and liked knitting
with it. It seems to be a nice quality yarn. I also bought some Alpaca
Cloud but haven't used it yet. You will probably find some reviews at
www.knittersreview.com.

--
Jan in MN

Old September 26th 05, 01:24 AM
Maggie

I have ordered several of their yarns, Wool of the Andes, Andean Silk(this
stuff is really nice), Merion Wool, and the Palette of Peruvian Wool...that
is 30 balls, 231 yards each, 30 different colors, great for fair isle
knitting................and others that I can't remember off the top of my
head.......AND I have NOTHING but praise for the company....the yarn is
great, no problems, it holds up and wears well, the prices are wonderful,
and the service has always been exceptional..... Knit Picks won my heart
about a year and a half ago!!!
Maggie

Old September 26th 05, 06:30 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article .com,
"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote:

Mom and I were looking at some yarns at http://www.knitpicks.com. The
yarns seem to be good from the descriptions on the site, but the prices
seem too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with these
yarn--good or bad? How does it knit? How does it hold up in the long
run? That kind of thing.

I've ordered and received two kinds of their laceweight, and three
colors of two kinds of other yarn, Elegance and Andean Treasure. All
have been soft, beautiful and worked up nicely. I've been very pleased
with them. My orders take longer to receive than some people report,
but they arrive within their stated time frame in the shipping message.
I kind of thought they were responding the the Peruvian Collection put
out by Elann. A few of the yarns at first were very similar, and some
seem to be exactly the same.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Old September 28th 05, 06:11 AM
Allaya

I know there are others out there who have had bad experiences, but I
have ordered once and I would definitely order again. I knitted up a
shawl with Elegance, a merino/silk blend, and it's absolutely beautiful.
The yarn was much softer knitted up than in the ball, which had been
compressed during shipping. I also ordered some self-patterning sock
yarn, but I have not yet knitted it up. It looks and feels as good as
Regia though.

Allaya

Old September 28th 05, 12:21 PM
Amanda Tikkanen

Thanks for the help, everyone. I'm going to check them out when I can.
It was one of those happy moments when I found them "hey! I can
afford to knit nice stuff again!"

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com

Sorry knitter Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. Yarn 13 July 14th 05 02:21 PM
Two-tone 8 metre flower to knit Penny Gaines Yarn 14 May 15th 05 05:59 PM
Here are some christmas Patterns Enjoy Warmhands Yarn 0 November 28th 04 04:20 PM
Using Homespun question Denise Yarn 8 January 8th 04 03:09 PM
My yarn addiction Elsa Yarn 24 December 17th 03 04:30 AM