Not really an AD, but a marketing question, need advice

Old April 1st 04, 09:43 AM
Kandice Seeber

Default Not really an AD, but a marketing question, need advice

Hi everyone. I have two questions I would like some feedback on - so
hopefully a few of you will have time to help me out really quick.

I am trying to figure out what my next ebay set (lampwork beads) will be. I
try to do some beads in between orders to keep the creativity going
otherwise it all kind of goes downhill and I end up not being able to make
anything. The question is, are people sick of my Happiness color scheme -
the rubino, opal yellow and pink from these sets:
http://www.lampwork.net/happiness1.jpg
http://www.lampwork.net/sunset2.jpg
http://www.lampwork.net/sugarspice1.jpg
Or do people want to see more of those colors. I really love using them,
and they really work well. But I don't want to offer them and have them
flop on ebay because I really can't afford that right now. Am I stressing
too much? LOL that seems to be the case these days. So. The question is,
are these colors still doing it for y'all, or is there another color scheme
that people really really want to see?

The second question is that I have about 40 odds and ends type of beads
sitting here that I am thinking about putting on ebay. Should I? Is anyone
really interested in my odds and ends? There are no flawed beads - just
some that didn't fit in sets and a couple experimental beads. Should I wait
until there are more of them, or do you think they'll do fine on their own?
There are quite a few focal sized beads in the bunch, and some renegade
spacers as well. A few matching, but mostly not. A heart. A button. Etc.

I am catching up on orders finally and will have more time to do ebay sets
and specials for the web site.
But if you were ever thinking of ordering from me, now would be the time,
because I am taking a week long vacation in May and won't be making beads at
all during that time!

Thanks for any feedback you feel like giving!! I'm posting this on my
website as well.
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old April 1st 04, 11:16 AM
Deborah

Hi Kandice,

I don't think I've ever seen a bead of yours that wasn't beautiful. You're
an artist, so I think you're going to have to make whatever you're inspired
to make at the moment. In other words, dont' sweat it....

That being said, there's no reason that every set you make right now has to
be offered for sale right now, is there? I mean, you could offer one of the
sets you showed us and see what happens with that. If you are inspired to
work with different colorways, do that, too.

As far as the odds and ends, I'd say go ahead and offer them in a batch.
That type of offering seems to be very popular and you have the following
to support it. I think you might get those folks who don't necessarily buy
'sets', too.

Good luck with whatever works best for you!

Best,
Deborah

Old April 1st 04, 01:50 PM
Karen_AZ

Kandice, I think those colors are gorgeous (not something I can wear but
just wonderful to look at), AND that color palette is definitely part of
this year's spring/summer line. I should know, my daughter dragged me to
three stores yesterday. G

As to the odds and ends, I think it depends on how much you want for 'em. I
think those kinds of non-sets are always a gamble. The way I look at it is,
at least they find a good home and aren't yammering at me on my bead-board
anymore. LOL

KarenK

Old April 1st 04, 03:19 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

You are stressing a wee bit too much.

I love that color pallette, but if the last 3 auctions you offered were of
that type, I'd say offer another color set right now, then have another
Happiness set ready in the wings for another auction.

I think and odds & ends auction would be great. Wonderful for earrings,
treasure bracelets, etc. I'm just sad that I probably wouldn't be able to
afford it. :-)

Barbara

Old April 1st 04, 05:00 PM
Tinkster

Kandice, your work is always so lovely! The best advice I can give is
to make what you love... Work with the colors that feel right to you
at the moment. I really think that is how fabulous sets of beads are
born! Your color sense is remarkable, as I've said before, and I have
no doubt that whatever you put together will be drooled over!

Tink
New Auctions Up:
http://snipurl.com/2pun
http://blackswampglassworks.com
Old April 1st 04, 07:50 PM
Wilson

Follow your heart young lady. It will always be good for your soul, maybe
not ebay but definitely good for the soul.;-)

Old April 1st 04, 07:58 PM
armand vine

How about offering the odds and ends in batches of 10 or 15 so that the
price of 40 would not eliminate some of the bidders who want your beads but
can't afford a whole lot of them at once.
Personally, I would like to see them and get the "pick of the litter" so to
speak.
Again, I think the asking price will determine the salability for a none set
batch
I agree with someone earlier who said make things that might not be for sale
right away. Maybe do some darker colors for fall and just hold them to sell
then. If it is just change up you are seeking, that seems to be the way to
go.

Old April 1st 04, 11:31 PM
Pam

I love your happiness set and I am kicking myself for not bidding more on it
when it was last on ebay.

I also think an odds and ends set from you would be very popular - I would
love to see what was in it!

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art

Old April 2nd 04, 01:53 AM
meijhana

I would love to see some smaller sets of odds and ends...for me, I *love*
seeing the 100+, but can't afford the 100+ price tag (and I think that you
would get smaller $$ per bead).

Perhaps if you did 5-10 per "set"??? that gives some of us a chance to look
at your sets, and choose colors that we like best, then perhaps order more
in those colors...

mary

--
"Today is not the beginning of what's to come...
It's a new beginning to what already is."

HandcraftedJewelry.com
http://snipurl.com/45w5
check out my store!

Old April 2nd 04, 02:35 AM
BeckiBead

Or, you can put them up in one big bunch and go for the big bucks, Kandice, and
those of us who can't afford it can go in together and bid (as long as Mary
doesn't run the group bid, LOL. A BBB joke.)

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows

Question on lampwork beads Cheryl Beads 18 February 19th 04 06:07 AM
Pricing Question Lisa Kisner Beads 6 September 30th 03 11:14 AM
New Question: E-bay / Marketing / Sales mkahogan Beads 143 September 4th 03 03:35 AM
de-lurking with a color question Jennifer Moore Beads 8 August 16th 03 09:42 PM
Posting Question angela Beads 25 August 7th 03 12:57 PM