Re; Guild Fat quarter exchange ideas

Old December 19th 04, 01:53 PM
mauvicem

Default Re; Guild Fat quarter exchange ideas

That is so true ....some years there is lots of interest and others not as
much.....we did a Nickel quilt exchange....5" squares(actually pairs of the
same 5" square or a 5 x 10) I personally like 6" squares better more
versatile..Dwindled at the end......We have just done a block exchange that
worked out really well, everyone is up to date except one person....the
same group has signed up for Applique blocks for next year we are going to
do it somewhat differently....the names of the winners for the next month
will be picked first then they get to pick their pattern from a selection we
have on hand or one they bring in.....perhaps you could incorporate this
into your fat quarter exchange....Pick the names first, then they get to
choose the color or theme for the month....avoiding getting colors or prints
you won't use...this being the biggest complaint heard over the years.....
Perhaps twice a year a drawing for a book of fat quarter quilts
patterns.....
"taria" wrote in message
Thanks Pat, and all the others. That is the stuff I am looking for.
Julia put a great list together too. I appreciate all the other
suggestions. Some years seem to get a lot of participation and others
not as much. Hope to make this year a good one.
Taria

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Taria:
I am a Fabric Exchange Diva at my guild too! (Couldn't bear to be the
Fat Quarter/Charm Square Co-Chairwoman ... what a dreary title!!) Patty
and I do this together for the Day Chapter every month. We run the list
from September to August. We alternate months of FQ and Squares.

To generate interest, we started is an incentive program. Every time a
person brings a packet of squares or a FQ, she can enter her name into
the prize basket. In February we will select some winners from the
collected names. We will do the same again in August.

We have a list of themes, but only publish two months per newsletter.
The January message will publish January and February themes.

Jan: White Tie and Tails (Black/White Print) Squares
Feb: Chocolates for My Valentine (FQ)
March we call it "Pat and Patty's Choice!! What else but St. Paddy's
Day!" Squares
April: Daffodils in my Garden FQ

I can't remember the rest, but if you need the list, just email me.

PAT in VA/USA

taria wrote:

I know we have talked about these before here but I googled and can't
find anything. I am the fat quarter exchange person at my local guild
next year. Any ideas anyone can suggest for types of fabrics?
I get to choose a theme, color or idea each month. I'd like to get a
tad more participation than we usually have if you know of any way to
motivate members I'd be grateful.
TIA, TAria