real lead flashing - for dolls houses

Old October 27th 04, 11:18 PM
stephen chester

Default real lead flashing - for dolls houses

Hi, this is just a tester to see if a real 'aged' self adhesive lead
flashing product appeals to anybody. Here in the u.k it is hard to
find and l wonder if you also find it difficult to locate.
l have the means to manufacture it, please contact me and tell me if
you think the idea is a good.
If the response is positive l will be looking for distributors all
over the world. Many thanks
Old October 29th 04, 07:53 PM
Chuck

On 27 Oct 2004 15:18:25 -0700, (stephen
chester) wrote:

Hi, this is just a tester to see if a real 'aged' self adhesive lead
flashing product appeals to anybody. Here in the u.k it is hard to
find and l wonder if you also find it difficult to locate.
l have the means to manufacture it, please contact me and tell me if
you think the idea is a good.
If the response is positive l will be looking for distributors all
over the world. Many thanks

I would question seriously the business sense of putting lead
_anything_ on the market, in this litigious day and age, not to
mention the dubious wisdom of putting lead in an environment or
situation where there is even the slightest chance of it being
ingested by a youngster. We are, after all, talking about _doll_
houses. And whether or not a house is designed and built with
children in mind, there is always the chance that somewhere down the
line, some little nipper is going to be gobbling lead chips like they
were potato chips. Personally, I wouldn't buy it. There are,
however, casting metals out there that have a low melt temp and look a
lot like lead, w/o the toxic properties. They might be investigated
to fit this application.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Old November 8th 04, 05:19 PM
Ian Gearing

There is information on the DTI website regarding lead, and reading
discussions on other news groups I would advise against it, I use the foil
tops on yoghurt pots for my simulation of lead flashing in scales 1:76 1:43
and 1:12.

Ian
http://www.rdmrc.nildram.co.uk/

chester) wrote:

[...]

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Old November 9th 04, 01:46 AM
Gerald Miller

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:19:43 GMT, "Ian Gearing"
wrote:

There is information on the DTI website regarding lead, and reading
discussions on other news groups I would advise against it, I use the foil
tops on yoghurt pots for my simulation of lead flashing in scales 1:76 1:43
and 1:12.

Automotive body work sometimes uses an adhesive backed aluminium tape
about 2 " wide. This material should be very easy to use as flashing,
and with a bit of creative ageing, should work well.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old November 9th 04, 11:12 AM
havana bill & holly

There's also Beryl Armstrong's suggestion of using perspex and lightly
scoring it, then painting it black & wiping off the excess so the black
stays in the scored lines. If we were talking Thorne rooms maybe lead in
scale makes sense, but dhs are toys whether little children or we bigger
ones play with them & lead isn't just toxic to ingest.

Old November 9th 04, 06:23 PM
Chuck

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 05:12:07 -0500, "havana bill & holly"
wrote:

There's also Beryl Armstrong's suggestion of using perspex and lightly
scoring it, then painting it black & wiping off the excess so the black
stays in the scored lines. If we were talking Thorne rooms maybe lead in
scale makes sense, but dhs are toys whether little children or we bigger
ones play with them & lead isn't just toxic to ingest.

I bet the products like Gallery Glass, artificial stained glass, could
be applied thinly to produce a good "flashing" simulation. I would
just spread the "lead" Gallery Glass on with a pallette knife, or,
better yet, just spread it thinly on to a piece of glass, let it dry,
then cut it into whatever shapes you need, to fit around architectural
features or whatever.