Red, white and blue hugg

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23rd 11, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

Default Red, white and blue hugg

There are many envelopes of various sizes sitting here that I haven't
had the oomph to acknowledge individually. I may start working on
laying out these blocks next week.
There are envelopes here from:
N. Dakota
Patchogue, NY
Germany
Morgantown, PA
Palm Bay, FL
Grove City, OH
Waleska, GA
Baltimore,MD
Moss Point
Charleston, IL
San Pedro, CA
Vancouver, WA
New Brunswick
Marion, IA
Caldwell, ID
Bellvue, WA
plus the ones I did individually email earlier.

It is not too late to send blocks if you wish.
If your local news hasn't been keeping up with Gabby Giffords
progress, it has been remarkable.
Within the first 8-9 days of being shot she was able to not just sit
on the side of the bed (with help) and dangle her legs. But she was
able to stand up.
Surgery to repair the eye socket went well. She was responding to
people, able to move arms, fingers, legs and such. And responding to
requests.
In fact, she was so improved that on Friday (or was it Thurs???) She
was moved to the rehab facility in Houston. This allows her husband to
return to work at NASA, and his daughters to visit as they wish. The
prognosis is for a possible near complete recovery. Which is wonderful
news.
For the next while AZ will be minus a representative in congress, but
that is minor in comparison.

Most of the other victims have been released from the hospital and
will complete their recovery at home. The impromptu memorial on the
lawn of the University Medical Center is amazing, and still growing.
The candles are lit in a sort of ceremony each evening. But Tucson,
and Arizona are trying to move on with life and return to as "normal"
as possible. But there is a lot of talk about being able to disagree,
to have different points of view and still be friendly. Which is a
good thing.

Thanks to everyone who is supporting these hugs, I will try to deliver
them to Tucson by mid Feb. and will keep you all apprised. Since
Gabby is now in Houston, I will probably deliver her Hug to her office
in Tucson, unless there is someone in Houston who wants to try to hand
deliver it.

Pati, in Phx