Carving tool sweeps

Old January 17th 05, 04:07 PM
Dave W

Default Carving tool sweeps

I am looking for a chart that shows the sweeps (of carving tools) for both
the British and European designations. Thanks for any leads.
Dave in Maine

Old January 17th 05, 05:12 PM
Henry Springer

there's one in the Ashley Isles cataloge for London pattern and I have
one for Swiss pattern. A swiss 5 is near a Lonon 4 and a swiss 7 is
about a London 5. I'll scan and email them to you if you can't find
an on line source.

Please only reply by newsgroup as Henry Springer address is inactive
due to spam.

Old January 19th 05, 12:43 AM
Dave W

Henry,
If you could send the Ashley Iles page, I would appriciate it. Thanks
in advance,
Dave

Old January 19th 05, 05:05 PM
Henry Springer

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:43:02 -0500, "Dave W"
wrote:

Henry,
If you could send the Ashley Iles page, I would appriciate it. Thanks
in advance,
Dave

Since George has found it on=line I won't bother. I use mailny Ashley
Iles tools and find them excellent though I also have a number of old
tools by various makers and a few home mades for specific
applications.

Mind you I live close enough to have the luxury of being able to buy
direct from the factory and having my other tools reground at the same
time if needed so perhaps I'm a bit biased.
Old January 21st 05, 01:24 AM
Dave W

Thanks George, much appreciated.
Dave

Carving Long, Coarse Hair [email protected] Carving 4 November 20th 04 07:18 PM
Pumpkin carving tools Top Spin Carving 6 November 2nd 04 10:46 AM
New Thunderbird Looping Tool? Mj Beads 3 June 26th 04 09:13 PM
Need good source for carving gloves Bill Houdek Carving 3 September 4th 03 04:21 PM
carving Joe Kennedy Carving 2 August 5th 03 06:33 PM