OT - Christmas legend

Old December 14th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Default OT - Christmas legend

Santa was very upset. It was Christmas Eve and NOTHING was going right!
Mrs. Claus had burned all the cookiest then told him that her mother
was coming to stay over Christmas. The elves were complaining about not
getting paid for the overtime they had while making the toys. The
reindeer had been drinking all afternoon and were dead drunk. To make
matters worse, they had taken the sleigh out for a spin earlier in the
day and had crashed it into a tree. Santa was furious and roared "I
can't believe it! I've got to deliver millions of presents all over the
world in just a few hours, all of my reindeer are drunk and now the
elves are on strike."
He went into the house for the bottle of his favourite tipple, tripped,
and dropped it on the stone floor. He was livid! He went to get a brush
to sweep up the remnants of his bottle but the mice had eaten the
bristles on the brush. Just then the doorbell rang. Angrily, Santa flung
open the door and saw a beautiful little angel with a great big
Christmas tree.
‘Hello, Santa’, she said cheerfully, ‘I have this lovely tree for you.
Where shall I put it?’
Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree!

Old January 1st 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Bruce wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Bruce -

Now people will wonder why I break out in giggles every time I see an
angel on top of a Christmas tree.

MargW