Input needed on Crazy Quilt

Old January 8th 04, 05:31 PM
Judy0313

Default Input needed on Crazy Quilt

I've toyed with the idea of taking vintage hankies and reproduction vintage
fabric and creating a crazy quilt. I have the book "Crazy Quilting" Christine
Dabbs, it has some very inspirational ideas in it. However, my question to the
group is, are there any other books out there that would assist me in getting
started. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old January 8th 04, 06:13 PM
Lisa Caryl

Hi Judy,
There is a book called "Hanky Panky Quilts" The quilts are in the crazy
quilt style, and use all vintage hankies as the base pieces. You can view
the Author's website he
http://www.cindybrick.com/ Click on products for sale to see the book.

There are lots of great books on the subject of Crazy quilting. Some more
books you might like would be the following:
1. Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches, by Carole Samples ( Stitcher's
Bible....thousands of stitch combos)
2.Crazy Quilt Handbook (2nd Addition), by Judith Baker Montano (she has many
other stitchery books as well) Her website is just gorgeous!
http://www.judithbakermontano.com/index.html
3. Magic of Crazy Quilting, by J. Marsha Michler, who also has several other
stitchery books

These are just a few of the good ones. Hope you find the list of use. There
are also some good crazy quilt internet groups, which you can find on Yahoo
and Quiltropolis that can be of help when you go to make your first cq.

I have been into crazy quilting for quite some time and have scans of some
of my things on my picturetrails page, if you care to look. If you have
questions, I also have many helpful cq-related sites bookmarked.
--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old January 8th 04, 11:10 PM
Pati Cook

I believe it is Cindy Brick that has a book out called "Hanky Panky Quilts" that
are ways to use antique and vintage hankies in crazy quilts. It is a good book.

Pati, in Phx