Jigsaw puzzle quilt

Old February 21st 04, 07:08 AM
Mary in Oregon

Default Jigsaw puzzle quilt

Has anyone started one? I had fabric pulled to start one but got side
tracked when I had to make a hug quilt for a friend. Finished that top
today (square in a square with hummingbird focus print). Next week it's back
to the jigsaw.

--
Mary

Old February 21st 04, 12:57 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:08:49 -0800, "Mary in Oregon"
wrote:

Has anyone started one? I had fabric pulled to start one but got side
tracked when I had to make a hug quilt for a friend. Finished that top
today (square in a square with hummingbird focus print). Next week it's back
to the jigsaw.

--
Mary

OK, now I'm really interested - what is this jigsaw puzzle quilt -
people have been talking about this for a while and I still have no
clue!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK
Old February 21st 04, 02:30 PM
Joan8904

check out the 2004 quilts on my webpage. Two jigsaws there.

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Old February 21st 04, 05:04 PM
Maine-iac Rose

No I haven't started one of those yet, but on my To Do List eventually.
I started this quilt for my cousin, got the center done with 3 appliqué
angles on it, did the Eleanor Burns method of appliqué. Well with the
background of that piece being blue with silver stars on it, I figured, why
not make 6" 8 pointed stars to go around that,
then a couple borders.
When it is done, I'll post a pic of it at my webshots page.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns so you don't get pricked
add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me

Old February 21st 04, 05:55 PM
Keith and Michelle Pope

Nice work. I have a question about your "Wedding Quilt". Why did you call it
suck? Is it the name of the pattern or was it made for someone? See, I have
a friend getting married this summer and there is no way I'll make it down
for her wedding, but would looove to make her a quilt. I wanted to make her
a DWR at first, but time will definitely necessitate an easier pattern. But
I would like to stick to a wedding theme.
Thanks for your help!
Michelle in Gander

Old February 21st 04, 06:41 PM
Joan8904

It was made for a friend who is getting married in Mexico in March.
The pattern came from one of the Batik books and I adapted the colors to echo
the Mexico/Latino theme--sensual, hot, etc.

Thank you,
joan

Old February 22nd 04, 12:08 AM
Judy Kerr

I'll be starting one for my DSF as soon as the fabric arrives. He loves
jigsaw puzzles and I'll be using tonals interspersed with themed fabrics
representing some of his interests - mathematics (professor of - I'm using
Mrs Nelsons Flashcards), fishing, classical music (found a great one with
composers names all over it), leaves (he's always moaning about having to
rake the leaves in the garden), football!... that sort of thing. I can't
wait to get started!

Judy in UK

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Old February 22nd 04, 12:18 AM
Mary in Oregon

That will be wonderful. I will be making one as a hug quilt using bright
spring colors and flower prints.

--
Mary

Old February 22nd 04, 04:11 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

On 21 Feb 2004 13:30:06 GMT, (Joan8904) wrote:

check out the 2004 quilts on my webpage. Two jigsaws there.

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Oh now thats very clever - am gonna have to spend some time with my
design software and work out my own pattern from that (unless you'd
like to post a few clues???)

Love the pink version, altho the blue is very nice too!!

Suzie
xx
Old February 22nd 04, 04:26 PM
Joan8904

design software and work out my own pattern from that (unless you'd
like to post a few clues???)

Main clue is that it's not as easy as it looks. (I tried and gave up.) Not
only are there more pieces than one might suspect, but you can get two blocks
from each fat quarter, so there are actually two considerations. I'm sure a
clever person can replicate the design. I either wasn't clever enough or just
lost patience!

BTW, the latest Lion Yarn catalog has a jigsaw crocheted afghan. Just may have
to get THAT pattern, too, and make a set!

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Haunted Christmas Quilt Nbhilyard Quilting 2 June 18th 11 05:04 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle Quilts Joan8904 Quilting 4 February 1st 04 04:06 AM
WANTED - Jigsaw / Puzzle pieces fabric Chortler Marketplace 0 September 22nd 03 12:54 PM
My first "real" Quilt -- LOL Kathy in CA Quilting 2 August 12th 03 10:28 PM