OT - Rags into ovengloves

Old August 25th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo in Scotland[_2_]

Default OT - Rags into ovengloves

Hello folks,

I finally put captions on all the photos, which I took while making
oven gloves out of a pair of old blue jeans. I then uploaded all the
photos to a new album at Webshots. So if you would like to see how I
turned an old pair of blue jeans and a perfectly fine towel (which had
a hole in it) into a nice pair of ovengloves, have a look he

http://community.webshots.com/album/...sHEctD?start=0

I hope this inspires others to keep perfectly fine material out of the
landfills! The whole thing took less than 2 hours, and I am going to
make matching hot pads out of the other trouser leg and the rest of
the towel!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old August 26th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Nevermind the ovengloves and the landfills. Who is that handsome man and
can I have him? I'd just want to sit him in the living room, walk by now
and then and say, "Ahhhh". I'm way too old to chase men (or buses) but I
still can appreciate an especially good-looking fellow. Polly

Old August 26th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo in Scotland[_2_]

On 26 Aug, 00:12, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Nevermind the ovengloves and the landfills. *Who is that handsome man and
can I have him? *I'd just want to sit him in the living room, walk by now
and then and say, "Ahhhh". *I'm way too old to chase men (or buses) but I
still can appreciate an especially good-looking fellow. *Polly

That is Marvelous Mark, and seeing how difficult it is for me to get
enough time to see him, I'm afraid I'm going to disrespect my elders
and say, "Get in the queue, honey!" He understands and supports my
fabric addiction, knows how to clean the house, and is getting a quilt
made for him. I think that sums it up.

-- Jo in Scotland (3 months until the airing of the Festive Funny)

Old August 26th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Ohhhh, Polly, he is such a hottie you'd need some oven mitts to use on him!
LOL Good going there, Jo! And clever use of those scraps- good on you!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old August 26th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Ok Jo, you're smart, talented, frugal AND obviously you are a hottie
yourself to have a man that good looking! LOLOL.

Seriously, I love the oven mitts. Such a great idea. I never throw old
blue jeans away. I consider that fabric to be a gift from the gods of
commerce. I'm glad to have one more good idea for how to use it.

Sunny
Old August 27th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

You are so clever! And hunky Mark is a good sport!

Pauline
Northern California