Masham Sheep and Wool Fair + New Wheel! -long

Old October 7th 03, 09:37 AM
spampot

Helen \"Halla\" Fleischer wrote:
| On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 18:05:13 -0400, spampot wrote:

Oh, yummy. Crumbly, like good aged cheddar, but a mild flavor. Hard to
describe. I love it on those thick cream biscuits that the Jacobs'
assortment only has a few of!

Mmm. sounds delicious!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

I used to buy a mild cheddar with walnuts embedded in it (St. Ivel was
the brand) -- made the yummiest sandwiches on granary (multigrain) bread
with a touch of mustard! Oh, my tummy is weeping with nostalgia...

Old October 7th 03, 10:32 AM
Sarah Grace

Spampot wrote:
Oooh, and may we have tea at Betty's?? I still dream about their Welsh
rarebit! And scones! Just try finding a decent scone here in the
U.S....sigh.

LOL! Mmmm i loved their welsh rarebit. I think Betty's would be in order-
maybe we could tour yorkshire and visit every Betty's. When i went to (lovely)
York last year we went to Betty's in York one day (and had the summer menu) and
stopped off at the one in Ilkely (moor bah'tat) and had the Autumn menu- too
delicious.

Regards
Sarah
Old October 7th 03, 10:41 AM
Ophelia

"Sarah Grace" wrote in message
Spampot wrote:
Oooh, and may we have tea at Betty's?? I still dream about their Welsh
rarebit! And scones! Just try finding a decent scone here in the
U.S....sigh.

LOL! Mmmm i loved their welsh rarebit. I think Betty's would be in

order-
maybe we could tour yorkshire and visit every Betty's. When i went to

(lovely)
York last year we went to Betty's in York one day (and had the summer

menu) and
stopped off at the one in Ilkely (moor bah'tat) and had the Autumn menu-

too
delicious.

LOL you greedy girl...wish I had been with you)

Old October 7th 03, 03:09 PM
Sarah Grace

Auntie O wrote:
Betty's has lovely scones) ......My favourite Yorkshire food is
Yorkshire curd cheesecake! It is not cheesecake as you know it but if you
get a good one it melts in the mouth) My grandmother used to make them
and I love them still.

I will let Sarah tell you about them)

LOL- well it is a tricky one to describe. It is made from curd cheese do is
quite crumbly in texture, with currants. The texture is quite unusual -as O
says it is totally different from a normal cheesecake. Here's a recipe link:
http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk...recurdtart.htm

It is yummy but i have to confess that it is eclipsed for me by pastry and jam-
jam slice, jam and coconut slice, jam lattice- jam jam jam lol!

regards
Sarah

Old October 7th 03, 03:11 PM
Sarah Grace

O wrote:
LOL you greedy girl...wish I had been with you)

:sigh: i know- it was challenge but someone had to do it LOL. Obviously you
are invited on any Bettys trip O. We could tour Yorkshire looking for any good
cafes and any yarn resources.

Regards
Sarah

Old October 7th 03, 03:32 PM
Ophelia

"Sarah Grace" wrote in message

LOL- well it is a tricky one to describe. It is made from curd cheese do

is
quite crumbly in texture, with currants. The texture is quite unusual -as

says it is totally different from a normal cheesecake. Here's a recipe

link:

http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk...recurdtart.htm

It is yummy but i have to confess that it is eclipsed for me by pastry and

jam-
jam slice, jam and coconut slice, jam lattice- jam jam jam lol!

Jam and coconut slice............................. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I
want to go homeeeeeeeeeeeee

LOL there are too many delicious and wonderful cakes and pies in
Yorkshire)

Old October 7th 03, 03:33 PM
Olwynmary

And scones! Just try finding a decent scone here in the
U.S....sigh.

I was born and bred in County Durham, but have lived across the pond since a
week after we got married! I very quickly discovered that in order to find
decent scones there was only one place - my own kitchen. Likewise, for curd
tarts I discovered that an acceptable substitute is to make it with "creamed
cottage cheese".

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
Old October 7th 03, 03:33 PM
Ophelia

O wrote:
LOL you greedy girl...wish I had been with you)

:sigh: i know- it was challenge but someone had to do it LOL. Obviously

you
are invited on any Bettys trip O. We could tour Yorkshire looking for any

good
cafes and any yarn resources.

Oooh thank you. I didn't realise you were planning one I am missing
quite a lot here at the moment. I am knitting Christmas gifts frantically,
having or course, decided on too many things to do comfortably

As for the challenge? That was your job!!!

O )

Old October 7th 03, 03:40 PM
NoraBalcer

You gals are making me hungry and I do love scones.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 7th 03, 03:48 PM
Ophelia

"NoraBalcer" wrote in message
You gals are making me hungry and I do love scones.

Nora dear you would be in heaven in Yorkshire)