Masham Sheep and Wool Fair + New Wheel! -long

Old September 30th 03, 09:14 AM
Sarah Grace

Helen wrote:
Then again, I have fleeces from the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival that I
haven't even got round to washing yet. Not to mention roving I haven't
spun yet. It's not like I really NEED to import more, but those breeds are
all so exotic here. Not to worry. Just a whim. It will pass.

Meanwhile, you get down to enjoying that new wheel!

LOL- i know all about whims, still if it develops into something more you know
that it isn't an impossibility.

I am loving my wheel- spinning is just so relaxing and so productive which is a
perfect combination.

Regards
Sarah
Old September 30th 03, 03:25 PM
Sarah Grace

Helen wrote:
And considering how many breeds are being raised here now, perhaps someone
will raise Manx Loughton, too.

Maybe there is someone already...

Isn't it? I can just zone out and spin for hours, filling up a bobbin
almost before I know it, even with fine yarn. Of course this means your
yarn stash will double in no time, you do know that. I ended up buying my
first knitting machine as a way to reduce the stash. That doesn't work,
though. The stash just got even bigger and I ended up buying more machines,
and it's still getting bigger!

LOL- Aarrgggh don't say that! I guess i will have to be very strict on myself.
Anyway although i can seriously see the appeal of knitting machines they have
never really appealed to me (famous last words eh?)....but i do envy you your
sock machine- it sounds too fabulous.

Regards
Sarah
Old October 1st 03, 01:18 AM
spampot

Sarah Grace wrote:
Spampot wrote:

I am green with envy! Masham is such a neat place -- it has one of the
few surviving Saxon crosses (well, part of one). Most of the old market
crosses seem to have been replaced by war memorials after WWI.
Theakston's brewery is in Masham, and if you want a neat story, check
out that of Theakston's Old Peculier (yes, it's spelled that way, see
http://www.theakstons.co.uk/theaksto...ier_story.html).

LOL- spampot you must be due a trip to the UK. I agree with you about Masham-
it is lovely and definitely a place i could live. They were offering trips
around the brewery but i got weighlayed with the yarn and spinning

Regards
Sarah

Oh, you bet, but heaven knows when we'll manage it! I was just looking
at the gansey I bought at the Great Yorkshire Show some 20 years ago and
trying to figure out which niece it'll fit now

Old October 1st 03, 02:13 AM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:16:35 -0400, spampot wrote:

And considering how many breeds are being raised here now, perhaps someone
will raise Manx Loughton, too. We already can get Wensleydale, which is

Now if only we could get Wensleydale CHEESE here...!

Is it good???

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old October 1st 03, 09:21 AM
Sarah Grace

Spampot wrote:
Oh, you bet, but heaven knows when we'll manage it! I was just looking
at the gansey I bought at the Great Yorkshire Show some 20 years ago and
trying to figure out which niece it'll fit now

Awwww-i prescribe a trip to the next Great Yorkshire- although to be honest
although i love any county/town/village shows my memories of the great
yorkshire were more horsey- and coming home with a dog whistle. I think Masham
was more my thing. Plan a trip- i'll lay on wensleydale cheese and chorley
cakes lol.

Regards
Sarah

Old October 6th 03, 11:05 PM
spampot

Helen \"Halla\" Fleischer wrote:
| On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:16:35 -0400, spampot wrote:

And considering how many breeds are being raised here now, perhaps someone
will raise Manx Loughton, too. We already can get Wensleydale, which is

Now if only we could get Wensleydale CHEESE here...!

Is it good???

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Oh, yummy. Crumbly, like good aged cheddar, but a mild flavor. Hard to
describe. I love it on those thick cream biscuits that the Jacobs'
assortment only has a few of!

Old October 7th 03, 02:58 AM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 18:05:13 -0400, spampot wrote:

Oh, yummy. Crumbly, like good aged cheddar, but a mild flavor. Hard to
describe. I love it on those thick cream biscuits that the Jacobs'
assortment only has a few of!

Mmm. sounds delicious!

Old October 7th 03, 09:35 AM
spampot

Sarah Grace wrote:
Spampot wrote:

Oh, you bet, but heaven knows when we'll manage it! I was just looking
at the gansey I bought at the Great Yorkshire Show some 20 years ago and
trying to figure out which niece it'll fit now

Awwww-i prescribe a trip to the next Great Yorkshire- although to be honest
although i love any county/town/village shows my memories of the great
yorkshire were more horsey- and coming home with a dog whistle. I think Masham
was more my thing. Plan a trip- i'll lay on wensleydale cheese and chorley
cakes lol.

Regards
Sarah

Oooh, and may we have tea at Betty's?? I still dream about their Welsh
rarebit! And scones! Just try finding a decent scone here in the
U.S....sigh.