Plastic

Old July 17th 03, 07:51 PM
kitaro

Default Plastic

I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna make my
formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I have no idea
where to get anymore of it??? I looked around a spotlight (not too carefully
might add) and didn't see it.

The best ways I can describe the stuff are the sheets you had on your
mattress when you were little to stop you from wetting it. But I can't find
that sheeting anymore either (parents these days just send children to bed
with disposable training pants i guess) but I would rather it in big rolls
like fabric.

Kind of like lamanate for video cards.

Old July 17th 03, 08:09 PM
Penny S.

kitaro scribbled :
I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna
make my formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I
have no idea where to get anymore of it??? I looked around a
spotlight (not too carefully might add) and didn't see it.

The best ways I can describe the stuff are the sheets you had on your
mattress when you were little to stop you from wetting it. But I
can't find that sheeting anymore either (parents these days just send
children to bed with disposable training pants i guess) but I would
rather it in big rolls like fabric.

Kind of like lamanate for video cards.

Jo anns has it by the yard in Home Dec.

Penny S

Old July 17th 03, 10:11 PM
Sew-Sew Lady

You could buy a couple of clear vinyl shower curtain liners also. It would
be easy to lay out the pieces of a suit on those.

Old July 17th 03, 11:08 PM
Emily

Although the clear plastic shower might be cheaper to purchase from
Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, etc, if you want to buy by yardage, you will most
likely find it at JoAnn's as someone else pointed out. I just returned from
2 JoAnn's this afternoon(looking for a particular McCall's pattern for
99cents) and both had the vinyl in the Home Dec dept.
Emily

Old July 18th 03, 12:36 AM
Sew-Sew Lady

I was looking at Kitaro's address and didn't know if she has the fabric
stores that we do, so my suggestion was based on alternate shopping ideas.
Yes, buying the yardage at JoAnn's is preferable.

Old July 18th 03, 01:52 AM
D&D

Have another look at Spotlight and look in the home decorating section.
I have seen it on rolls along with those plastic tableclothes that you buy
by the metre.[ Or check out the website www.spotlight.com.au

HTH

Dee in Oz

Old July 18th 03, 07:27 AM
AstroG

As D&D said check the Home Dec section of Spotlight because I saw some there
last week - but if you can't find it there look for a company called Reverse
Garbage Recycling. (Depending on what state you're in - I'm in Vic and I
think it's in NSW too). They get a whole lot of factory offcuts of just
about everything including fabric and clear vinyl.

Katy

Old July 22nd 03, 04:34 PM
kitaro

Thanks for all the helps, but I actually went to school today *gasps* and I
found a roll of it!!!

Know I am obsessed with the stuff! Does it come in different colors?

Old July 22nd 03, 04:50 PM
Jean D Mahavier

"kitaro" wrote in message
Thanks for all the helps, but I actually went to school today *gasps* and

found a roll of it!!!

Know I am obsessed with the stuff! Does it come in different colors?

We're talking vinyl, aren't we? I have seen it in a light/pale/soft green
at
a Joann's store some time back. There might have been other colors,
don't recall.

Old July 26th 03, 04:26 AM

Plastic

(kitaro)
I have made a bag out of that thick clear plastic before, I wanna make
my formal suit out of it (yes I will basically be naked) but I have no
idea where to get anymore of it???
snip
---
My experience in this is limited to viewing the movie 'Fried Green
Tomatoes', where one of the characters wrapped herself in Saran Wrap* to
greet her husband.
Takin' any pictures when you get your birthday suit made?
Cea asks, innocently...