flag holders for flag quilts

Old October 1st 04, 04:46 PM
Allyson Brown

Default flag holders for flag quilts

Hi all
I hope you know what I mean when I talk about those flag holders you stab
into the ground in your garden and replace the flags for different
occasions/holidays/seasons.

I'm looking at the Spring 2004 issue of BHG's Quilting Ideas which has a few
patterns for these quilted flags. I'd like to make a set for mom but first
want to be sure where to get one of these flag holders. Any ideas where I
can purchase on in southern Ontario or online at a reasonable price??
Thanks in advance,
allyson

Old October 4th 04, 10:17 AM
Hanne Gottliebsen

Allyson,

Do a search in google on something like garden flag stand
Here is one example:

http://www.ourcornermarket.com/garden-flag-stand.html

I looked at these a couple of years ago, and there are zillions of
website selling them - so a lot must sell to Canada too, right?

Hanne

Old October 4th 04, 01:31 PM
Pat in Virginia

Here in Virginia, those garden flag holders are commonly sold in
garden shops, plant nurseries, and in the many craft festivals we
have in the Autumn. They are usually wrought iron. Take a gander
at similar places in your area.
PAT in VA/USA.

Old October 4th 04, 10:44 PM
Donna

Allyson,
I think I've seen them at places like Lowe's and Home Depot. Hope this
helps!!
Donna
news