OT Happy Thanksgiving and What are your Plans?

Old November 25th 04, 06:40 PM
Stephanie

You made the right decision to stay home. Seeing your Dad wasn't
worth all the rest of it.

Kathy N-V

I agree! Maybe he will come to visit you by himself durring this holiday
season. Tell him that's what you really want for Christmas...

..Stephanie.

Gotta Question?
Google: rec.craft.bead
http://tinyurl.com/5wm36

Old November 25th 04, 06:44 PM
Diana Curtis

Yee haw Sooz!! Reclaiming your power and your right to have a happy holiday
of your own making. whoohooo!
Hugs to you and yours and a scritch to the Merc man. *he doent much like how
your mum behaves either*
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
I'M MAD AS HECK AND I"M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT
ANYMORE!

I cancelled our Thanksgiving-dinner-participation, and we're not going!
YAAAYYYYY!! We'll have our own little turkey (slices), yams, pumpkin pie,

etc.
Read to each other, bead, watch football, walk the dog (who was going to

spend
the day stuck in the car). I'm so GRATEFUL.
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character;

business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without

sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi

Old November 25th 04, 07:33 PM
Karen_AZ

Ok... what is *your* (the collective your) dream Christmas/holiday? Mine is
snowy, there is a slow ride on a sleigh thru moonlit paths... ending with a
cup of hot cocoa before a roaring wood fire. Family around, all getting
along... mellow.. :-) A tree full of memorys in the form of special hand
made ornaments being discussed by the family. Carols, sung softly...
sounds nice, eh?

I've had a few "dream Christmases" so far. The first was when my brother
flew in (his own small plane) with wife, my 3 YO niece and brand new nephew.
We picked them up at the airport, watched him land in the moonlight, then
got them home, where my niece stood in awe in the doorway looking at the
tree. Mom and I had decorated it with lots of tinsel and Mom had left all
the room lights off, so the tree just sparkled with its own light. Alison
looked SO hard! G That was my first peek at my nephew, who's had my heart
ever since.

Several years later, they were bratty teens and picked on my BF of the time
mercilessly. It had snowed on the 23rd and we all had a major snowball fight
in the front yard after dinner. Both kids nailed my BF but he had the good
grace to laugh it off (and give as good as he got). It was just plain FUN.

And exactly 10 years ago we had our first Christmas in our new house. Some
rooms were bare floors, recently sanded, and we were without my Dad for the
first time. He'd passed in September and I told Mom it wouldn't be right to
make her have Christmas so soon after losing Dad. Despite missing him
terribly, it was a great feeling of Family. My brother and his brood were
there, plus my favorite aunt & uncle, the food came out fine, and it just
felt good all around. We piled in two cars afterward and drove around
looking at all the lights on houses and listening to music on the radio (a
long-time tradition).

I can't wait to make a new memory in our new house, next year.

KarenK

Old November 26th 04, 05:07 AM
Cheri2Star

You made the right decision to stay home. Seeing your Dad wasn't
worth all the rest of it.

I agree. Hope your day was as lovely as sounds.

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi
Old November 26th 04, 09:46 AM
Christina Peterson

Wouldn't that be a great way to spend time together.

Tina

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
That sounds loverly! I know a couple of gals in the UK who would be happy

have us come round on Boxing Day for leftovers of the Christmas pudding.
Could we go to the Shed and pretend the torch flame is a Yule log?
One request, that after the meal is consumed and the feeling is nice and
mellow, we each make an ornament to exchange with one another. That would

be
a truly memorable Christmas, and thanks for asking, Sis.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Su/Cutworks" wrote in message
Diana wrote:

There comes a time when we *the collective we* need to see what we

have
bought into as far as the Christmas myths go. Im not speaking of

anything
more than how our culture has reflected our own desires for that

perfect
Christmas of our youth, and what we are willing to do to achieve that
impossible and elusive goal.
Christmas lasts longer and longer every year. Its time we

said..*again
with the collective we* I'M MAD AS HECK AND I"M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT
ANYMORE!

Absolutely! We have to regain whatever it is that we need from the
holidays, and use it to make us happy. Forget commercialization, forget
what the televisions scream at us, and stop thinking that Gene Shepherd

will
make our present holidays anything like the nostalgic ones were. 'A
Christmas Story' is a story! It's up to us to create tomorrow's

nostalgia.

Im excluding those of you who really need to give your buyers a little

nudge
to get their beads now while they still have time to make things with

them.
Thats legit.

*phew!*

Ok... what is *your* (the collective your) dream Christmas/holiday?

Mine
is
snowy, there is a slow ride on a sleigh thru moonlit paths... ending

with
cup of hot cocoa before a roaring wood fire. Family around, all

getting
along... mellow.. :-) A tree full of memorys in the form of special

hand
made ornaments being discussed by the family. Carols, sung softly...
sounds nice, eh?

Yep. Since I'm family you can come here to the UK, we'll have a

Christmas
Day cruise if the ice isn't on the canal. About an hour or two down the
canal from us is a lovely section of Middle Earth that happened to land

in
Yorkshire. We'll put the ready-roasted turkey in the Remoska to warm
through, and all the stuff that we bought in advance that's ready to

just
heat up will be sitting in the oven or on the stove warming through

while
we
make a few last-minute items. We'll be all warm and happy from a bit of
gentle exercise outside in the sunny winter weather, and the cocoa will

be
ready. No wood fire, sadly but a nice flame in the stove up in the

front
room and lots to drink.

How's that?

-Su

Oh, yeah. It's a small tree so the ornaments are all beads!

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

Old November 26th 04, 04:38 PM
Dr. Sooz

That sounds so much better. I am especially glad for two things:
that you don't have to deal with your mother and her childish ways,
and that Merc doesn't have to stay in the car. (Couldn't he have
stayed home instead?)

We had the MOST perfect day. I beaded all afternoon, and we had gorgeous
full-on turkey with trimmings from the local caterer's shop. BTW, Kathy, in
answer to your question about Merc -- he'd have preferred the car-all-day,
because I would've given him walkies at intervals, and we'd have been with him
-- and he loves the car! As opposed to being home alone all day.

I'm going to make some gravy for Bob (only thing he
can't make), and then we're going to eat. And then I'm going to
sleep - the weather has been all over the place the past few days,
and I'm a hurting pup.

I took two naps! Yay!

You made the right decision to stay home. Seeing your Dad wasn't
worth all the rest of it.

I'll meet up with my dad later. It was definitely the right decision!
~~

Old November 26th 04, 04:38 PM
Dr. Sooz

Hope your day was as lovely as sounds.

Me too you, Cheri.
~~

Old November 26th 04, 04:39 PM
Dr. Sooz

Yee haw Sooz!! Reclaiming your power and your right to have a happy holiday
of your own making. whoohooo!
Hugs to you and yours and a scritch to the Merc man. *he doent much like how
your mum behaves either*

Haw haw haw!

For years, I went out of town to Mendocino every Thanksgiving. I didn't want
to be there with the family that day -- it was too fraught. And sort of
pointless in many ways. It's too difficult to do that these days.
~~