anyone else burning the midnight oil?

Old December 24th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
judy in fort worth

Default anyone else burning the midnight oil?

Well, I just finished layering a lap quilt for my ds's gf. Now I need to
quilt it and it is 3 pm on Christmas Eve. I am not a last minute person so
this is the first time that I have found myself in this situation. It is a
good thing that she has gone out of town and will not be back until
Wednesday. Hope I can get it finished by then!

judy in fort worth who is so glad that school is out for a few days!

Old December 24th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dogmom

I'm not burning it for a Christmas present, but I've been working on
placemats for my best friend and now that school is out I will have time to
go visit her in her new house. Placemats are housewarming gift. What I
really feel like doing is losing myself in a major rootle and starting
another quilt or two--but I gotta finish these first!

Good luck! I hope ds keeps the gf for a long time so the quilt will stay in
the family a while!

Dogmom

. net...

Old December 25th 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
janice142

On Dec 24, 3:12*pm, "judy in fort worth" wrote:
I am not a last minute person so
this is the first time that I have found myself in this situation. *It is a
good thing that she has gone out of town and will not be back until
Wednesday. *Hope I can get it finished by then!

I'm sewing a pillow right now... well, it was supposed to be a quillow
but I can't get it right, so will make a cover that she can use to
store the quilt inside. Might attach it to the quilt somehow, but
later! I'm tired, and it's ten after ten. PM!!!!!
Old December 25th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I have an 'inconsiderate' family- what a mean trick to have babies within a
few days/weeks of Christmas! I'm sure their birthdays aren't all that fun
for them either when their birthday gifts run into their Christmas gifts.
Tonight I was going to try to finish a handbag for part of my DDIL's b-day
gift- it's three days after Christmas- but I ended up baking 4 pies instead.
I'll finish the handbag tomorrow evening (after seeing her for a mid-day
dinner tomorrow) and then mail it to her. Then my darling granddaughter
Sierra is having a b-day two days after Christmas. Then darling grandson
Nick's b-day is in early January. On the other side of Christmas is mom's
b-day in mid-November and their wedding anniversary in mid-December. No
fair!!! Then there's mom's hospital/chemo snuggle quilt to finish- her
surgery is Jan. 9. And I have one other VERY important quilt to finish by
Jan. 10 at the very latest. Oh my...... I'll post a photo of my bald head
after I finish pulling all my hair out in panicky frustration. Y'all can
have a good laugh over my soon-to-be Mr. Clean look. LOL Good thing I do
my best work when under the pressure of a deadline!

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 25th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I'm still wrapping and have rolls rising to bake later. It's been a strange
holiday season. No inspired shopping...no stockings stuffers. BUT my
mother is here and BOTH of my kids and their fiances will be here tomorrow.
That's enough for me. And DH and DS arrived home safely from their
wonderful trip together to St. Petersburg....but DS's luggage hasn't shown
up yet....over 24 hours later. He's going to be pretty tired of his one
outfit! And wouldn't you know....this is one of the few times I haven't
bought him new clothes for Christmas.
Have a great day everyone.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old December 28th 07, 10:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

I had planned on having a hexagonal paper pieced wreath quilt finished for
Christmas but it's still incomplete. There's always next year!!
morag

Old December 28th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
judy in fort worth

finally finished the last project yesterday (yes, December 27) in time for
ds and his gf to stop over to visit. No time for a label and I barely got
it wrapped in a gift bag. Whew! That was a close one!
anyway, she liked the quilt. Did not seem overwhelmed by it but it is the
thought in the giving that counts.

judy in fort worth who is ready to hit the after Christmas sales!

Old December 28th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I'm sorry... I've experienced a similar let down when someone say thanks,
but their face says 'why did you give me a smallish blanket'??? They kinda
don't get what a special gift a quilt really is and a snuggle quilt has a
very special purpose- and it's not on a bed.

Hugs,

Old December 29th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

sometimes it takes awhile to warm up to something as unique as a
quilt might be. There has been more than one gift I have received
over the years that I just wasn't thrilled about but I grew to
enjoy and cherish. (gifts are really tough for me, I
suppose there are years of therapy that could be involved if I
wanted to explore lol)
Give her a chance to get use to it Judy. If she doesn't then we
need to sign your ds up on EHarmoney ; )
Taria

Old December 29th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
judy in fort worth

I really like ds's gf but I just cannot "read" her. She does not have what
you would call an "emotional" personality. I cannot tell if she likes us or
not but she is crazy about him! That is a plus.
He lives in Houston and she is up here. He likes his job there and she has
told him that she will not move. Her family is here and she is extremely
close to her mom (almost obsessively close). If this relationship is going
anywhere, he will need to move up here. While I would like him to be closer
to us, I want him to move for all of the right reasons and not because she
cannot compromise.
Oh well...none of my business. My MIL made my life difficult for many years
and I am determined to take a different path.
I think that I can educate her to be a quilt appreciator but not a
quiltmaker. I think that she liked the quilt and am hoping that it was so
unexpected that she did not know how to react. But then again....this may
well have been a normal reaction for her.

judy in fort worth