A quick update

Old November 22nd 03, 08:42 PM
Sarah Grace

Default A quick update

Hi everyone!

I hope that you are all fine and dandy. Life is still very hectic so i am not
getting online but i wanted to let you know what what going on.

Firstly Dsis is still in hospital- 5th week tomorrow. She has been really
unwell due to a horrible wound infection and was put on super duper intravenous
antibiotics which made her feel even more lousy. Unfortunately, the infection
hasn't cleared up and they wanted to take her down to theatre again in order to
sort it all out. It looks like there is an alternative involving some machine
which will suck the infection out, which she prefers the sound of. There is
good news, however- the results came back that the fibroid was benign so i am
incredibly glad about that and think we owe a lot to everyone's prayers and
positive thoughts.

Mum has totally run herself into the ground and has managed to pick up a bad
dose of flu so has been off work for 10 days and not able to visit dsis (much
to her chagrin). Oh, and we have had no central heating and little/no hot
water for the past 5 weeks.

BUT- i am very grateful that we seem to be on the road to better things (touch
wood and all that)- Dmum is feeling less horrible, Dsis is much brighter, in
far less pain and has even had toast and the like to eat. Lots of funny things
keep happening so there has been plenty of hilarity. And finally, Ddog had her
pups- 4, all very cute.

I am trying to catch up with all my obligations- Noreen i owe you something for
you and you know what, i am working like mad in the hospital on the latter and
hopefully will get it off on Monday. Aud- i still owe you but know that you
have generously given me an extension.

Regards
Sarah
Old November 22nd 03, 09:39 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 22 Nov 2003 20:42:43 GMT, Sarah Grace wrote:
snipped

I am trying to catch up with all my obligations- Noreen i owe you something for
you and you know what, i am working like mad in the hospital on the latter and
hopefully will get it off on Monday.

Sweetie,
Prayers still going out for your entire family!
I'm not worried about the 'owed' something... sort out everything else
first, I can wait, please!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.

Old November 23rd 03, 03:31 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Sarah,

I'm so happy to hear your sister is getting better, it's been a long time for
her, but things will get better. Prayers going to you, mum and sister, and to
the proud mommy and her pups.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 23rd 03, 05:58 PM
Aud

Don't worry, Sarah!

I am so happy that things are better for you all now,
I thought of E-mail you about your sis, but now you told us!!
Enjoy the puppies, hope your mother is soon better too!
Best wishes,
and a big hug from AUD ;-)
--

"Sarah Grace" skrev i melding

Old November 27th 03, 12:15 AM
Sarah Grace

Noreen wrote:
Prayers still going out for your entire family!
I'm not worried about the 'owed' something... sort out everything else
first, I can wait, please!

Thanks Noreen- i appreciate your patience so much. I just can't seem to
surface long enough to do anything which drives me crazy because it is just not
me....

Regards
Sarah

Old November 27th 03, 12:16 AM
Sarah Grace

Melody wrote:
Glad the prayers are working Sarah Grace! Keep your chin up!

Thanks Melody- prayers are definitely working and can appreciate the funny side
of things now- and that really helps!

Regards
Sarah

Old November 27th 03, 12:18 AM
Sarah Grace

Nora wrote:
I'm so happy to hear your sister is getting better, it's been a long time for
her, but things will get better. Prayers going to you, mum and sister, and to
the proud mommy and her pups.

Thanks Nora- Dsis is batting on positively and is on this new vac therapy
machine which is sucking the infection out (i like to think of it as dynarod).
Mum is improving and Cindy is just too adorable with her 4 cute sausages.

regards
Sarah
Old November 27th 03, 12:20 AM
Sarah Grace

Aud wrote:
I am so happy that things are better for you all now,
I thought of E-mail you about your sis, but now you told us!!
Enjoy the puppies, hope your mother is soon better too!

Thank you Aud! Mum is definitely on the mend- i saw Cindy the other day and
she looked gorgeous and was really delightful with her puppies. Thinking of
you at this time.

Regards
Sarah
Old November 27th 03, 10:13 AM
CMM PDX2

Sarah wrote in reply to a post from Noreen:

Thanks Noreen- i appreciate your patience so much. I just
can't seem to surface long enough to do anything which
drives me crazy because it is just not me....

Sarah - This is a normal reaction to major stress, so try not to stress over it
too much. g Seriously, it's just the natural depression after a *major* event
in your life, and it will pass. There's no set time for recovery, it varies
with everyone. A couple months, several... you can't predict the time, and you
can't force the improvement, either. The best you can do is to understand it's
something natural you're going through, and be easy on yourself. If nothing
else, keep telling yourself you'll better be able to understand and support
your sister when she goes through the same thing - which is highly likely -
after she finally gets cured of that nasty infection. It may come as an
unpleasant surprise to her - people often forget or don't know that it really
does take about a year to fully get over anything big that happens in their
lives. Even if the event is something good!

So again, try not to worry too much about it 'not being you.' Maybe not
normally... but life hasn't been normal for you or your family lately.
Naturally you're going to react differently than you're used to. All your
reserves have been depleted, even if you weren't the one having the operation,
and you have to build them back up. Something like your sister's op and the
aftermath is a shock to the system of everyone close to her, so you're all
going to go through some version of it. Luckily, it sounds like you're very
supportive of each other, and that'll help a lot. Just be patient with
yourself, and you'll get back to normal, don't worry!

And lest I sound like a psychology expert here, I'm not. It's only that I have
clinical depression, bad enough that I'm on permanent disability, which
apparently started when I was quite young. None of my doctors figured it out
until I was in my mid-30's. Once they did, though, I learned a lot about it
really fast. ) (wasn't there another thread discussing mononucleosis? that's
what my depression was first diagnosed as, when it got bad enough to be noticed
when I was a teen. LOL!) Anyway, what you're experiencing is the temporary
version, which feels just as unsettling. But it *will* go away after a while,
so hang in there!

Monica

CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html

A Quick Update - Some OT NanaV Quilting 13 January 20th 05 10:28 PM
OT - quick update KDK Beads 6 July 18th 04 09:13 PM
Quick visit and update -- mostly on-topic Lee S. Billings Beads 5 May 11th 04 04:17 AM
Quick update on Karlee Jalynne Quilting 18 September 3rd 03 09:51 PM