Any MD/DC or NoVA quilters out there?

Old June 3rd 04, 05:26 PM
Natalie

Default Any MD/DC or NoVA quilters out there?

I'll be moving to the Metro area in a few weeks and I'll be looking for
some LQSs (I know about GStreet!), guilds, and maybe some stash raids...
giggle

Best,
Natalie
Old June 3rd 04, 09:30 PM
WhansaMi

I'll be moving to the Metro area in a few weeks and I'll be looking for
some LQSs (I know about GStreet!), guilds, and maybe some stash raids...
giggle

Best,
Natalie

Natalie, I'm a newbie, but I live in Loudoun Co. Quilters Unlimited is the
guild in my neck of the woods.

Sheila
Old June 3rd 04, 11:32 PM
Nancy Speicher

Natalie,

Montgomery Co., MD has Friendship Star Guide (www.fsq.org) and Capital
Quilts in Gaithersburg. Welcome to the area.

Aren't you in the baseball swap too?

Nancy in MD

Old June 4th 04, 02:31 AM
Natalie

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the welcome!

,
Natalie

PS - yes I'm in the baseball swap too.

Old June 4th 04, 02:32 AM
Natalie

Hi Sheila!

What is your favorite fabric store?

,
Natalie

Old June 4th 04, 02:55 AM
Kim E

I'm in Manassas, Olde Towne Needlecrafts is my closest LQS. I belong
to 2 chapters of Quilters Unlimited and Cabin Branch Quilters in
Woodbridge.

If you are in town this weekend, come to the QU quilt show!
http://www.quiltersunlimited.org/index.htm

Kim

Old June 4th 04, 12:16 PM
Roberta

I am in Southern MD - I only know of two. One I haven't been too but saw
their display at a recent local quilt show

http://www.materialgirlsquilt.com/

May not be very close to you. They have just moved so their website is
under construction. From their flyer it looks like they have some great
classes.

Another is chesapake Bay Quilting in Waldorf, MD - they have a website but
unfortunatly it is not an easy to remember webaddress and with my recent
crashed hard drive - I do not have access to it at the moment.

Enjoy the area

Roberta (in MD)

Old June 5th 04, 01:52 AM
Kris

Hi Natalie,
I'm in northern Virginia & also belong to Cabin Branch Quilters and 2
different chapters of Quilters Unlimited. There are many good quilts shops
in our area. Do you know where in the metro area that you'll be moving to?

Kris ( in northern Virginia)

om...

Old June 5th 04, 01:46 PM
Paulette

Natalie, I live in WV, about 1 1/2 hrs out of DC, and 40 min out of
Frederick, MD. There are lots of stores up this way!!!

Paulette

"Natalie" wrote in message
I'll be moving to the Metro area in a few weeks and I'll be looking for
some LQSs (I know about GStreet!), guilds, and maybe some stash raids...
giggle

Best,
Natalie

FS: MUST HAVE Access. for Singer FW's, Quilters, Doll Makers, etc. singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 September 2nd 04 09:10 PM
FS: MUST HAVE Great Singer FW Accessory for Quilters, Doll Makers, etc. singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 0 September 2nd 04 09:08 PM
When Quilters Disagree Joan Quilting 7 January 17th 04 02:22 AM
Looking for feedback from fellow quilters suzanne hayes Quilting 2 October 13th 03 03:40 PM
Southern California Quilters' Run Part 2 Debbe Nye Quilting 2 July 28th 03 07:03 PM