Happy Halloween, Quilters!

Old October 31st 03, 01:47 AM
Ellison

Default Happy Halloween, Quilters!

Howdy!
See, I said "Quilters", keeping this On Topic. g

Don't care who believes it's devilish or pagan or otherwise
negative; I like Halloween, Trick-r-Treaters, putting on my
sparkly gold mask and passing out candy. The orange balloon
will be flying on the mailbox (something we do in this
neighborhood), the pumpkins will be shining on the front porch,
the porch light will be on until 10 p.m.
(if the candy gives out, I'll pass out pencils
and stickers), and I'm looking forward to the fun.
Even the 6' tall ghosts & goblins are welcomed, those
carrying pillowcases for collecting candy, and tiny babes in arms.
Happy Halloween, Quilters!

Ragmop/Sandy

Old October 31st 03, 02:56 AM
CNYstitcher

I Like all that you mentioned, but for some reason, in our neighborhood,
parents think it is okay to "escort" their children around while
drinking alcohol (the parents, not the children). I also have
difficulty swallowing the fact that parents allow their preschoolers
parade around dressed as little more than street walkers...oh wait, they
are supposed to be Crisitina Agui..whatever, and Britney Spears

Old October 31st 03, 03:10 AM
Polly Esther

(groan) ohhhhh, Sandy, we miss that fun so much. DH used to put a strobe
light on the front so that the porch lights would go bonkers. He would put
speakers on top of the house and play sounds of Martians eating bones and
put spidery-web things across the walk. Never a problem, just happy little
guys and big guys appreciating his spooky fun. And yes, hopefully, a babe in
arms or two and drizzling rain and some costumes that were soggy. I would
love to host the trick or treaters too. Just handing out raw chicken to
alligators is not the same. They won't wear costumes - but they do have nice
smiles. Polly

news

Old October 31st 03, 03:30 AM
Sharon Harper

Not in my house! No bare tummies around here or teeny tiny skirts/shorts
(unless they've grown since they last wore them and I don't notice in
time!). No way, uh-uh. I refuse to let my girls wear clothes like that.
What irritates me the most? The big chain stores selling the Mary Kate and
Ashley/Barbie/ Whatever brand clothes that have underwear with "hot stuff"
or "Pretty Girl" on them - g-strings (thongs?) for 5 year olds! The most
wonderful thing I"ve found? DD1's primary school has a rule - No Bare
Tummies or you go home, when it's a uniform-free day.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old October 31st 03, 03:35 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Make nice boots and purses too.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

link.net...

Old October 31st 03, 03:55 AM
SandySmth

Ragmop,
I like passing out candy, too! Not many kids come around, but they're usually
with their parents and everyone is in costume!

75,000 people (adults, mostly) are expected to show up in downtown Chapel Hill
tomorrow night for a grand parade of strange and wonderful costumes and to see
and be seen. I wish it would be shown on live TV because I'd love to see the
costumes, but don't like being in crowds.

Sandy
in Chapel Hill, NC

Old October 31st 03, 04:03 AM
John A.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 01:47:15 GMT, " Ellison"
wrote:

Howdy!
See, I said "Quilters", keeping this On Topic. g

Don't care who believes it's devilish or pagan or otherwise
negative; I like Halloween, Trick-r-Treaters, putting on my
sparkly gold mask and passing out candy. The orange balloon
will be flying on the mailbox (something we do in this
neighborhood), the pumpkins will be shining on the front porch,
the porch light will be on until 10 p.m.
(if the candy gives out, I'll pass out pencils
and stickers), and I'm looking forward to the fun.
Even the 6' tall ghosts & goblins are welcomed, those
carrying pillowcases for collecting candy, and tiny babes in arms.
Happy Halloween, Quilters!

Ragmop/Sandy

It's still not quite Halloween (at least here it isn't.) Should that
be "Happy Halloweeneen?"

JA - who has florescent webs out front and a UV light ready to deploy,
but wishes there were eaves or branches handily located for hanging
loose threads that feel like webs on your face when you walk through
them.
Old October 31st 03, 06:38 AM
Kathy

Even the 6' tall ghosts & goblins are welcomed, those
carrying pillowcases for collecting candy, and tiny babes in arms.
Happy Halloween, Quilters!

Ragmop/Sandy

I can't wait till the little gobblins come knocking at the door
tomorrow. My DH bout about 20 pounds of candy (chocolates) to give out
to trick-or-treaters and it needs to be out of the house immediately!

Kathy (in Alaska)
No snow yet.
Old October 31st 03, 11:55 AM
frood

We carved our pumpkins last night. All 9 of them. Well, 2 of those were
decorated with markers instead of being carved. I can't begin to tell you
how disappointed Spike and Giles were that they didn't get to use the big
knives!

Then, since the heater in our house is broken, we all cuddled under
Halloween quilts before bed. There, mine's on topic, too.

--
Wendy (and the goblins'll git ya if you don't watch out!)
de-fang email address to reply

Old October 31st 03, 03:07 PM
Charlotte

Happy Halloween Ragmop!

I suspect I'll be 6 feet tall at my party.
I found a turquoise and black sequined dress, floor length, which I've
cut up the front to make a "train" like an abdomen. I'm wearing spikey
black heels and black shiny trousers. Big black bulbous bug eyes made
with plastic canvas with black glitter glued on (see through too!), tall
antennae, and enormous iridescent wings in turquoise and purple. Black
gloves with black and turquoise glitter too.

I'll be a 6 foot dragonfly with a 6 foot wingspan!!!

Can't wait.
Happy Halloween everyone!
-Charlotte