biggest thrill

Old September 10th 04, 02:28 AM
annemarie

Default biggest thrill

Ok Bubbles "biggest blunders" was a cool thread to start so interesting
reading about some of the awful things that have happened to people.
What are peoples biggest thrills with pottery. Mine so far has been to
recieve an award that I did not expect. I entered and exhibition, was
pleased to be selected, went along to the opening with no expectation at all
of winning the prize (just a book and some praise ) I did win it though, I
was standing between my husband and a dear friend and they both turned to
look at me with huge smiles. Could have blown me over with a puff.

Old September 10th 04, 02:41 AM
Bubbles

"annemarie" wrote in message
Ok Bubbles "biggest blunders" was a cool thread to start so interesting
reading about some of the awful things that have happened to people.

Thanks! I really am enjoying reading all the stories. Interesting also how
people can really paint a story of the whole fiasco! And great to get the
warnings of what to be careful NOT to do! I find learning from others'
mistakes a smart idea! ;-)

What are peoples biggest thrills with pottery. Mine so far has been to
recieve an award that I did not expect. I entered and exhibition, was
pleased to be selected, went along to the opening with no expectation at

all
of winning the prize (just a book and some praise ) I did win it though,

was standing between my husband and a dear friend and they both turned to
look at me with huge smiles. Could have blown me over with a puff.

So far in my 3-year "carreer" it has to be when I saw the finished child's
head bust I had made (our teacher put on the glazes for us according to our
choices) and it was just as serene and lovely as I had wanted it to be! I
had never modeled a face, never mind a bust, before in my life. It was
during my first pottery course!!! I was over the moon!

Marianne

Old September 10th 04, 06:39 AM
annemarie

"Slgraber" wrote in message
i got a thrill when i contributed a bowl to the company xmas door prize

group.
a girl who liked my pots but couldn't buy one, won it and was so thrilled

she
danced & nearly dropped the pot! until then i didn't understand pieces

could
make people feel like that.

steve

Recently a teacher at school was having a hard time organising the my
daughters class into a two week farm stay. Each of the kids go to a farm,
orchard, vineyard whatever and work for their keep. It takes a huge amount
of organisation (being the pottery teacher at the school now I see more of
the behind the scenes stuff) There were amazing problems getting everybody a
place. Anyway lots of the parents gave the teacher organising a bit of a
hard time and I felt sorry for him. So I decided a present of a bowl would
be a nice thing and took it in to the staff room. When I said how much I
appreciated his work and handed him a present he looked quite emotional and
gave me a hug. When he opened the present and saw what it was he got
tearful!!! He had to dash out of the room to compose himself. It was kindof
embarrasssing, but kindof nice too.

Old September 10th 04, 05:01 PM
Kevin Baldwin

"annemarie" wrote in message
Ok Bubbles "biggest blunders" was a cool thread to start so interesting
reading about some of the awful things that have happened to people.
What are peoples biggest thrills with pottery. Mine so far has been to
recieve an award that I did not expect. I entered and exhibition, was
pleased to be selected, went along to the opening with no expectation at

all
of winning the prize (just a book and some praise ) I did win it though,

was standing between my husband and a dear friend and they both turned to
look at me with huge smiles. Could have blown me over with a puff.

Biggest thrill was my first Raku weekend that was organised by my then
College teacher in her garden. Beautiful surroundings in the Cotswolds with
good friends, We all took food and wine to share..... thought I had died
and gone to heaven.

Kevin.

Old September 11th 04, 04:30 AM
Lcdumas

When I was first able to center (mostly) reliably.

Linda D in TX
Old September 11th 04, 07:30 AM
Slgraber

i got invited to a group raku firing in 2000 and every year since. it's out in
the desert & everyone basically camps out. several of us stay up until sunrise
doing raku.

i stand there every time thinking this is some kind of future envy experience.
there are people "related to paul soldner" and i wonder how these events might
be described in say 20 years. am i part of that future story? odd to imagine
that...

yeah, wine & beer are involved...

steve

Subject: biggest thrill

Old September 11th 04, 06:14 PM
Marmaj40

Raku is a thrill each time you do it. I always say that doing raku is like
having a baby---you never know how it's going to look until it comes out! :)

Biggest blunders? Bubbles Pottery 30 September 17th 04 08:17 AM
where's the THRILL in craft? BW Beads 30 October 18th 03 07:09 PM
where's the THRILL in craft? BW General Crafting 10 October 17th 03 07:09 PM
where's the THRILL in craft? BW Jewelry 0 October 16th 03 06:14 AM
where's the THRILL in craft? BW Beads 0 October 16th 03 06:13 AM