Woohoo!!

Old August 6th 03, 04:08 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Woohoo!!

After much consideration and many false starts, and lots of
experimenting with scrap yarn, I am finally 'really' working on my
Wedding Ring shawl, using Cobweb yarn!
AND, it IS triangular, AND it uses the Allover Lace Pattern I really
wanted.
It will be a very slow project, but "I" am worth it, LOL!
Also, the other yarn I ordered arrived today, and it's earmarked for a
lace Moebius. It's an Italian yarn, 2ply, 60% lambswool, 20% alpaca,
and 20% mohair, and it's gorgeous!
Knowing me, on top of the other 4-6 things I usually have going at
once, I probably will not want to wait to get into this yarn!
HAS to be the banana-split DH took me out for the other afternoon, and
the cuppa tea Aaron suggested!
(and quite possibly having the house to myself all day!)
Happy dancing!
Hugs,
Noreen

Old August 6th 03, 01:29 PM
Katherine Burgess

Congratulations, Noreen. Don't worry about taking a while to knit your
shawl - keep it as a reward for working on something less exciting!
Katherine

Old August 6th 03, 02:28 PM
G.Kelly

Noreen glad the shawl is working out well and that yarn sound fabulous God
Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 6th 03, 06:30 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:29:41 -0500, Katherine Burgess wrote:
Congratulations, Noreen. Don't worry about taking a while to knit
your
shawl - keep it as a reward for working on something less exciting!
Katherine

Exactly, Katherine!
I tend to do that, anyway!
Which is probably why I have 4-6 or more projects going at once.
(drives Don nuts, giggle)
Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Old August 6th 03, 06:32 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 00:30:31 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:

Sounds wonderful Noreen !! Good on ya!!

Shelagh

Thanks, Shelagh! Trial and error persevered!
Funny how I can be SO impatient over some little things, but when it
comes to thread and yarn crafting, I have the patience of Job.

Old August 6th 03, 10:25 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:29:41 -0500, Katherine Burgess wrote:
Congratulations, Noreen. Don't worry about taking a while to knit
your
shawl - keep it as a reward for working on something less exciting!
Katherine

Exactly, Katherine!
I tend to do that, anyway!
Which is probably why I have 4-6 or more projects going at once.
(drives Don nuts, giggle)

They just don't understand, do they? g
Hugs,
Katherine

Old August 6th 03, 11:56 PM
MouseCLP

Thanks, Shelagh! Trial and error persevered!
Funny how I can be SO impatient over some little things, but when it
comes to thread and yarn crafting, I have the patience of Job.
Hugs,
Noreen

LOL Funny you should mention that. I've been starting and frogging a pair of
socks recently. I want to do toe-up but didn't like most of the cast on
methods. I've decided to do a simple tube sock (to keep from throwing the
whole thing away when it came time for the heel). Still wondering how I'm
going to keep from falling prey to Second Sock Syndrome.

Tonight I told hubby I *think* I finally have a good start, and maybe I'll
actually end up with a pair of socks someday. He reminded me of my "teach
myself to tat" insanity, and how I eventually mastered that. He said, "I know
you, you'll keep at it til you figure it out."

Don'tcha hate it when they're right?

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC (who has NOT yet found the pleasure in socknitting)
Old August 7th 03, 09:20 AM
CMM PDX2

Noreen wrote:

After much consideration and many false starts, and lots of
experimenting with scrap yarn, I am finally 'really' working on
my Wedding Ring shawl, using Cobweb yarn!

Woohoo, Noreen! Wonderful! Hope you have lots of fun with it.

Isn't it amazing how a cuppa tea helps? g And that banana split, of course...
(I'll take a hot fudge sundae, LOL.)

Monica

---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

woohoo CNYstitcher Quilting 8 August 12th 04 07:58 AM
WooHoo...my Starlia beads are here lgreene Beads 1 July 19th 04 10:39 PM
woohoo CNYstitcher Quilting 2 June 10th 04 03:50 AM
woohoo...JoAnn bargain...what a day! CNYstitcher Quilting 0 August 17th 03 02:57 AM