Friendship Quilt

Old January 20th 05, 02:33 AM
Tamara

Default Friendship Quilt

I am a member of a mini group. One of the members will be moving in 5
months or less. We'd like to make her a quilt. I was wondering besides
the friendship star what other type of block could be use as we want to
sign the center of the block we make. As of right now we want to make
it a two color quilt. Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

Tamara
remove the nospam to reply

Old January 20th 05, 03:08 AM
Roberta

"Tamara" wrote in message
I am a member of a mini group. One of the members will be moving in 5
months or less. We'd like to make her a quilt. I was wondering besides
the friendship star what other type of block could be use as we want to
sign the center of the block we make. As of right now we want to make it a
two color quilt. Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

Tamara
remove the nospam to reply

There are some on this page (look under signature)

http://www.quilterscache.com/Alphabe...stPageS_Z.html

I know there are more on this site - I just can't remember what the names of
them are :/

Roberta (in MD)

Old January 20th 05, 03:48 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Here are several suggestions:
http://www.treadleon.net/quiltshop/b...blockinst.html

Good luck!

Ragmop/Sandy--in beautiful north Texas ;-D

Old January 20th 05, 10:33 AM
Estelle Gallagher

How about a house block!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old January 20th 05, 04:49 PM
Denise Jameson in Ontario

I am doing this VERY thing! :-) I wrote to Marcia Hohn requesting
permission to print out the instructions for the following star block
at her site.

http://www.quilterscache.com/A_C/Aut...StarBlock.html

She was gracious and gave me permission. Thanks Marcia! :-) She also
requested to 'see' the final quilt! :-)

I chose it because there are several newbies in our guild, and this is
an easy block for everyone. I supplied tone-on-tone cream background
fabric and asked everyone who is making a star to use any blue she has
in her stash. Blue is the recipient's favourite colour. It should
turn out to be a lovely two colour quilt, although each star will
likely be a different blue. I can't wait to receive them all back
ready to assemble.

Denise in Ontario, Canada

Old January 20th 05, 11:27 PM
nana2b

Nice star. It will make a great quilt.

Old January 22nd 05, 06:34 AM
Tamara

Thank you everyone for their suggestions. Once we as a group make a
decision and the quilt is made I'll put it on webshots and let everyone
know. Right now I am thinking of getting a Lighthouse panel and having
everyone make an autograph block to go around it. She collects
Lighthouses and teddy bears. So it's a tough choice as to what to pick
for the center. But we were thinking of blue and white blocks and I
think that will look good with a Lighthouse center.

Tamara
remove nospam to reply

Old January 22nd 05, 09:18 PM
DrQuilter

wait, captain dick from treadle on lives in seattle? at least that is
what his signature in those blocks states!

"Tamara" wrote in message

I am a member of a mini group. One of the members will be moving in 5
months or less. We'd like to make her a quilt. I was wondering besides
the friendship star what other type of block could be use as we want to
sign the center of the block we make. As of right now we want to make it a
two color quilt. Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

Tamara
remove the nospam to reply

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 22nd 05, 09:53 PM

DrQuilter wrote:
wait, captain dick from treadle on lives in seattle? at least that is
what his signature in those blocks states!

Yeah, he does.