2010 Olympics

Old February 15th 10, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
shhdesigns

Default Canada Wins Gold!!!

Hi Anne,

It is CTV that got the Olympics this year.

Canada just won Gold in the Men's Moguls! First time for us, Alexandre
Biladeau just broke the jinx for us!!

Sandi
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
oh dear, my bad, we can watch CBC, but just discovered that this is the
first olympics in a long time that CBC isn't covering apparently another
canadian tv company outbid them :-(

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...prmid=obinsite

idiotic that millions of people have to wait because of some kind of
superiority of the east coast...

Anne

Old February 15th 10, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Default 2010 Olympics

Sandi - I thought it was magical! I have a new favorite Opening Ceremony.
Calgary is now 2nd. :-)

Dragonfly

"shhdesigns" wrote in message ...
Are you enjoying the opening ceremonies tonight? Haven't heard from me
for awhile but this is my home town.

I should have asked sooner is anyone from RTCQ coming to visit?

Sandi in New Westminster B.C.

Old February 15th 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

Ironic that I just read a message about how getting the results on the
internet takes the glow out of watching the events on t.v.....and the men's
mogul competition is on right now, as I type this! And they just said how
poor the Canadians' chances were. Somehow, I think they are wrong about
that....! LOL

Old February 15th 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
shhdesigns

Sorry about that, but as I live in the time zone it is happening I couldn't
resist. Then I went back and watch the NBC channel and saw they had not
shown it.

Check out www.ctv.ca for up to the time results.

Sandi

Old February 15th 10, 09:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn in Tacoma

On 2/14/2010 3:30 PM, Anne Rogers wrote:

The only people who are seeing it live in the US are those on the East
Coast, I believe. It's ridiculous.

It's crazy, it was the same with the summer olympics, which was even
more annoying because the morning session events were perfect for
evening watching on the west coast and then they'd put is three hours
later and have it in the middle of the night for everyone! I just don't
have the discipline to not look at the results on the internet when they
are actually happening, then there doesn't seem much point watching the
whole event, I just pick what I want to watch from the internet.

We do at least have one solution here, we can get CBC, who show
everything live, seems a lot of people around here use that, but I don't
know how far access to CBC extends.

Cheers
Anne

We don't get CBC...or rather, we would, if we wanted a new 1 year
contract and to pay an extra $30 a month to Comcast....I just don't
think so.

--
Jenn in Tacoma
Old February 15th 10, 09:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn in Tacoma

"Anne wrote in message
oh dear, my bad, we can watch CBC, but just discovered that this is the
first olympics in a long time that CBC isn't covering apparently another
canadian tv company outbid them :-(

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...prmid=obinsite

idiotic that millions of people have to wait because of some kind of
superiority of the east coast...

Anne

Oh, yeah, and we don't get CTV here at all. Sigh. That's ok, at least
I can pretend to suspend my disbelief for a couple of weeks.

--
Jenn in Tacoma
Old February 15th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

The Olympics are on?

Hey, didn't they just have that? In China or somewhere? I thought it was
only held every 10 years or something.

Cindy

Old February 15th 10, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Teleflora wrote:
The Olympics are on?

Hey, didn't they just have that? In China or somewhere? I thought it
was only held every 10 years or something.

Cindy

Every 4 years, and these are the Winter Olympics, help somewhere in the
gaps between the main ones...

So far I've managed to avoid all of it.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 15th 10, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
njk

On Feb 14, 6:40*pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
Lelandite wrote:
Blah to NBC. *Yesterday was Saturday. *Today is Sunday.
They have no excuse to do this to us!

I'm going to have to ask DH how we get CBC, I know we could at the time
of the Beijing Olympics, but I don't know which channel we have to tune
in to to get it, but I know you can get it in Seattle, not sure about
Tacoma, though, Jenn, sorry.

Anne

I too live on the border (or 40 miles away) on the canadian side. My
cable in its many variations over the last 50 years had always had the
Toronto and the Buffalo stations. Now it's much bigger. CTV is the
main broadcaster in Canada for this olympics... nanc
Old February 15th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Congrats on the Gold! From time to time DH and I consider packing up
and moving to Canada. Someplace remote and lovely. Then we remember
that DH has to earn a living. Sigh.

Sunny
Go Canada!