OT - my friend needs your prayers and wishes

Old February 3rd 05, 03:36 PM
Peggy

Default OT - my friend needs your prayers and wishes

I don't have time to read messages right now, so please excuse me for
popping in with a request without taking the time to comment on what I know
must be a lot of lovely work out there. Earlier this week I got some very
bad news about my friend Pat. She really needs all the prayers and good
wishes that you can manage to send her way.

Some of you may remember me mentioning Pat in previous posts. She has lupus
and has been having a **lot** of trouble breathing. Our local doctors tried
and tried to help her, but nothing they did seemed to help, and she
literally got worse and worse every day. Finally, she managed to get a
referral to the Mayo Clinic through a contact in her church. When she went
there, she learned that the problem was not with her lungs--apparently the
lupus has attacked her heart! The doctors told her that she has permanent
damage that cannot be reversed, and they recommended that she try the only
drug that could stop further damage. The problem was, that drug is an
"orphan" and very expensive, and it also does not work in most cases.

After lots of wrangling, her church was able to help Pat to purchase the
drug, but unfortunately she suffered terribly from the side effects
(apparently lots of people do) and saw no improvement. So, the doctors took
her off the drug and asked her to come back to Minnesota. Now, they have
accepted her into a program where they will implant an electrode directly
into her heart in order to help it beat (which should in turn help her
breathing). She has been told that this procedure is her last chance and
that the odds of success are not very good. To make things even more
trying, in order to get this treatment she must move to Minnesota! The
reason is that after the electrode is implanted, she has to have a "coach"
for two months who will help her learn to adjust her lifestyle and live with
this device--and the only coaches are at the Mayo Clinic.

Please say some prayers for Pat. She is a good and wonderful person, so
young and--until recently--so very full of life! Also, I know this will
sound silly, but please pray for an early spring there. Pat said the actual
temperature--not wind chill--got down to 32 degrees below zero one of the
nights that she was there, and she was so cold. She said she's worried
about how she'll aclimate to the temperatures there, since she's used to
calling 32 degrees above zero "cold."

Thank you all!

Old February 3rd 05, 04:16 PM
susiegibson

best wishes for all healing and good things- and a early spring for your
friend!!!

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

Old February 3rd 05, 10:49 PM
Dawn >^..^

Best wishes and healing vibes for your dear friend to make a swift and
complete recovery!

--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"

Old February 4th 05, 12:46 PM
Peggy

Thank you Dawn and Susie for your good wishes! Pat is coming over later
today and I plan to show her your messages and also your Web sites. Like a
lot of people here, she's a bit dubious about "meeting" people on the
internet. (We don't even talk about the usenet.) I think that she'll be
really surprised. You guys are great!!!

Oh yes, Su. I also want to show her the Tillerman Web site. She's seen
every one of Mike's beads that I've bought, and she loves them all. I know
she'd enjoy seeing pictures of more--and she loves the fact that you guys
live on a boat.

.. .

Old February 4th 05, 04:15 PM
Connie Cronin

Bright Blessings from me and my Pat to yours

--
Connie

Old February 4th 05, 05:05 PM
Peggy

Hi, Connie. I had not yet picked up your message when Pat arrived, so it
was a surprise to both of us. She was so overwhelmed to know that people
who do not know her--and who don't really know me--would actually care.
Thanks for helping someone who needs it! Your blessing *did* make a
difference in her day!! Thanks.

:-)

Old February 7th 05, 07:34 AM

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:36:27 -0500, "Peggy"
wrote:

I don't have time to read messages right now, so please excuse me for
popping in with a request without taking the time to comment on what I know
must be a lot of lovely work out there. Earlier this week I got some very
bad news about my friend Pat. She really needs all the prayers and good
wishes that you can manage to send her way.

Certainly, lots of healing thoughts and wishes are on their way to
her. ((((and hugs to you))))

--
Heather