Stitch Away

Old August 9th 09, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Default Stitch Away

Hubby at the airport boarding a plane right now.

It's time to stitch.

My dearest has left the hot and humid D.C. area for hotter and drier
Phoenix. Got 3 days without him.

Other than buying a battery for the new used Mazda, I've got no
plans.

Let's see if I can finish my sister-in-law's birthday present - Abbey
Lane's "Mirror, Mirror."

http://tinyurl.com/na8clj

Old August 9th 09, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Donna" wrote in message
Hubby at the airport boarding a plane right now.

It's time to stitch.

My dearest has left the hot and humid D.C. area for hotter and drier
Phoenix. Got 3 days without him.

Other than buying a battery for the new used Mazda, I've got no
plans.

Let's see if I can finish my sister-in-law's birthday present - Abbey
Lane's "Mirror, Mirror."

http://tinyurl.com/na8clj

Why do you insist upon showing me these things. Too cute! lol

Old August 10th 09, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Aug 9, 9:12�am, Donna wrote:
Hubby at the airport boarding a plane right now.

It's time to stitch.

My dearest has left the hot and humid D.C. area for hotter and drier
Phoenix. Got 3 days without him.

Other than buying a battery for the new used Mazda, I've got no
plans.

Let's see if I can finish my sister-in-law's birthday present - Abbey
Lane's "Mirror, Mirror."

http://tinyurl.com/na8clj

I made time to stitch this afternoon and early evening as
who knows about the rest of the week with all the appts for
which I'm the "taxi driver."

Got the rest of the base lines for the needleweaving on DMs
unfinished pillow top done. Two rosettes and two whipped
spiders later, as well as one other flower....time for a change
of pace...so here I am in rctn.

Nancy
Old August 10th 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 8/9/09 9:12 AM, in article
, "Donna"

Ya know, I feel like I look better at 50 then I ever did at 20....except
for
the extra weight.

I can't say the same. When I look in the mirror now I see this gray haired
person and everyone knows my hair is blonde, so who is that?

Ya know, I feel like I look better at 50 then I ever did at 20....except
for
the extra weight.

I can't say the same. When I look in the mirror now I see this gray haired
person and everyone knows my hair is blonde, so who is that?

Ah, chemicals...the answer to gray if it bothers you, and used judiciously,
of course.

Hmmm - I'm not totally unhappy with aging - definitely the 30s were good.
But, the weight thing is bugging heck out of me, and honestly - I know that
I looked much better at about 17. However, I'm thankful every day that
gravity didn't really hit until well into the late 40s.

For me, I often think that women ought to look upon their aging more kindly
- we always seem to say how well men age, but it's not the same for us. Who
knows. Guess it's just about being happy, content with who you are
throughout.

Ellice

Ya know, I feel like I look better at 50 then I ever did at 20....except
for
[...]

I'm not particularly unhappy with the way I look, and I'm lucky and don't
have a weight problem. It's just such a "surprise" when I look in the
mirror and see this older person. My aches and pains tell me I'm not a kid
anymore, but my brain refuses to believe that.

Lucille

Old August 10th 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Let's see if I can finish my sister-in-law's birthday present - Abbey
Lane's "Mirror, Mirror."

http://tinyurl.com/na8clj

Why do you insist upon showing me these things. * Too cute! * *lol

Because I can???

I didn't get as much stitched as I thought I would yesterday. I did
some stitching, but not a ton. I did do some organizing yesterday
while watching Last Holiday with Queen Latifah.
What is up with actually doing housework and organizing while DH is
out of town? Some fit just came over me...

Donna in Virginia
Old August 10th 09, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote in message

Let's see if I can finish my sister-in-law's birthday present - Abbey
Lane's "Mirror, Mirror."

http://tinyurl.com/na8clj

Why do you insist upon showing me these things. Too cute! lol

Because I can???

I didn't get as much stitched as I thought I would yesterday. I did
some stitching, but not a ton. I did do some organizing yesterday
while watching Last Holiday with Queen Latifah.
What is up with actually doing housework and organizing while DH is
out of town? Some fit just came over me...

Donna in Virginia

If you try very hard and pick up your stitching you probably can make the
doing housework urge go away. I just have to click my heels and say
housework be gone and poof, it leaves.

I liked that movie, did you?

Old August 10th 09, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I started having grays at 18. For a very long time, I lived with it,
but this year I finally broke down and started coloring it. That
combined with reducing stress in my life has made me feel I look
better than I have in years.

Stitching: I've been making some time to do some. It's always such a
relief to sit and do it - sometimes I get involved in other things or
just goof on the computer and don't pick it up - and when I do, I
wonder why I didn't.do it sooner. . .

linda