OT - Ironing

Old August 14th 10, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

Default OT - Ironing

On Aug 13, 11:42*pm, "Cindy Schmidt" wrote:
Quick question -

I am working with some really silky fabrics and they are really full of
static when ironing. *Do you think it would be ok to spray my ironing board
with Static Guard and then continue ironing?

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

Have you tried just using a 'press cloth'. Can buy them specifically
purposed but essentially just a thin piece of cotton to place over the
piece you are ironing. Cuts down on the 'shinies' and I would think
would take care of the static issue as well. I used to use them all
the time when I ironed on a daily basis for work. Hate the thoughts
of having to do that again!

Kim in NJ
Old August 14th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Toss the fabric in your dryer with a softener sheet for a few minutes???

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old August 14th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I'd hesitate to spray the ironing board cover with anything. I know it's
'possible' to wash the cover but never heard of anybody actually doing such
a thing. We used to prevent static cling by rubbing our hose with clothes
dryer sheets. It kept our skirts from twisting and crawling. What about
rubbing the ironing board cover with one of them? Might help. Do let us
know how this goes. Polly

Old August 14th 10, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Brilliant, Leslie. I'll bet that will work. Polly

"Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
Toss the fabric in your dryer with a softener sheet for a few minutes???

Old August 14th 10, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Washed? Nope. I just cook mine until they are a delicious golden brown.
Polly

"Cindy Schmidt"
You've never washed your ironing board cover? Really? I have on many
occasions. Guess this will be a new top of discussion. How many of you
have washed your covers?????

"Polly Esther" I'd hesitate to spray the ironing board cover with

Old August 14th 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

No I haven't thought of that but am in kind of a hurry right now. I am on a
huge deadline with this fabric since it was sent to me late, I got a very,
very late start on these things and now I'm going crazy.

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

Old August 14th 10, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IEZ[_2_]

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Washed? Nope. I just cook mine until they are a delicious golden brown.
Polly

LOL! I know what you mean. I've even used press cloths *under* quilt
blocks to try to save the cover a bit. Since I use a Big Board, it's a lot
of cover. I wore out the original cover last year and made a new one out of
heavy cotton duck. It's now partially cooked, despite my best efforts.

Oh, and I have washed ironing board covers!

Iris

Old August 14th 10, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Since I cover my ironing board with the silvery stuff, I just wipe it off
with a damp cloth if I think it really needs it - rarely happens! :-)

Donna in Idaho

"AuntK" wrote in message
On Aug 13, 11:42 pm, "Cindy Schmidt" wrote:
Quick question -

I am working with some really silky fabrics and they are really full of
static when ironing. Do you think it would be ok to spray my ironing
board
with Static Guard and then continue ironing?

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

Have you tried just using a 'press cloth'. Can buy them specifically
purposed but essentially just a thin piece of cotton to place over the
piece you are ironing. Cuts down on the 'shinies' and I would think
would take care of the static issue as well. I used to use them all
the time when I ironed on a daily basis for work. Hate the thoughts
of having to do that again!

Kim in NJ

signature database 5366 (20100814) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5366 (20100814) __________

http://www.eset.com

Ironing board Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 18 June 18th 06 11:59 PM
Ironing quilt Bobbie Sews Moore Quilting 6 September 20th 05 11:45 PM
OT I might enjoy ironing more! KJ Quilting 38 August 24th 05 05:00 PM
Ironing dogmom Quilting 28 August 15th 05 12:44 AM
OT Ironing Board [email protected] Quilting 9 May 12th 05 03:35 AM