Pearl headband from "Becoming Jane"

Old August 11th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
none

Default Pearl headband from "Becoming Jane"

Ok, this is going to sound weird. But can anyone tell me a place
where I could buy a pearl headband like the one that Anne Hathaway
wore in Becoming Jane. My girlfriend couldn't stop raving about it
after we saw the movie, and being a man and all I didn't even notice
that the actress was wearing a headband!

I'd like to surprise my girlfriend with it as a gift, but don't know
what I'm looking for or where to find it. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Old August 12th 07, 07:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:13:39 -0700, none wrote:

Ok, this is going to sound weird. But can anyone tell me a place
where I could buy a pearl headband like the one that Anne Hathaway
wore in Becoming Jane. My girlfriend couldn't stop raving about it
after we saw the movie, and being a man and all I didn't even notice
that the actress was wearing a headband!

I'd like to surprise my girlfriend with it as a gift, but don't know
what I'm looking for or where to find it. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen the movie and can't find a good picture of the
headband, but it's almost certainly the kind of thing you'll get a
better answer for from rec.crafts.beads.

(And if _Becoming Jane_ is popular, so will the headbands be.)
--
Marilee J. Layman
http://mjlayman.livejournal.com
Old August 12th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Shirley Shone

In message , Marilee J.
Layman writes
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:13:39 -0700, none wrote:

Ok, this is going to sound weird. But can anyone tell me a place
where I could buy a pearl headband like the one that Anne Hathaway
wore in Becoming Jane. My girlfriend couldn't stop raving about it
after we saw the movie, and being a man and all I didn't even notice
that the actress was wearing a headband!

I'd like to surprise my girlfriend with it as a gift, but don't know
what I'm looking for or where to find it. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen the movie and can't find a good picture of the
headband, but it's almost certainly the kind of thing you'll get a
better answer for from rec.crafts.beads.

(And if _Becoming Jane_ is popular, so will the headbands be.)

It looks to me as if it is two bands of pearls joined at the end of the
headband. Then the bands at the centre top are pushed apart to about
1.1/2 inches,

Like the third one down on this page but in pearls and not diamonte.

http://www.princessbridetiaras.com/n...al_tiaras.html
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old August 13th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Frosty

In rec.crafts.jewelry almost on Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:13:39 -0700 a
smoke signal from none rang out, which was heard
to say :

Ok, this is going to sound weird. But can anyone tell me a place
where I could buy a pearl headband like the one that Anne Hathaway
wore in Becoming Jane. My girlfriend couldn't stop raving about it
after we saw the movie, and being a man and all I didn't even notice
that the actress was wearing a headband!

I'd like to surprise my girlfriend with it as a gift, but don't know
what I'm looking for or where to find it. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean a tiara?

http://www.hollywoodcultmovies.com/a...eHathaway1.jpg
Old August 13th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Marilee J. Layman

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:10:36 -0700, Shirley Shone
wrote:

In message , Marilee J.
Layman writes
[...]

Oh, I'd expect things like that to be available already -- probably
with wedding stuff.
Old August 13th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
none

On Aug 12, 4:07 pm, Frosty wrote:
In rec.crafts.jewelry almost on Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:13:39 -0700 a
smoke signal from none rang out, which was heard
to say :

Ok, this is going to sound weird. But can anyone tell me a place
where I could buy a pearl headband like the one that Anne Hathaway
wore in Becoming Jane. My girlfriend couldn't stop raving about it
after we saw the movie, and being a man and all I didn't even notice
that the actress was wearing a headband!

I'd like to surprise my girlfriend with it as a gift, but don't know
what I'm looking for or where to find it. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean a tiara?

http://www.hollywoodcultmovies.com/a...eHathaway1.jpg

Nope, that's not it. It wasn't as extravagent/opulent. It was much
simpler. Like just two half circle headbands attached together at the
ends, with a single set of pearls running along each of the
headbands. I'm probably not explaining it well.

Like the one Shirley Stone pointed out above (thanks Shirley!), but in
pearls instead of diamonds.

http://www.princessbridetiaras.com/n...al_tiaras.html (third
down on the page)

Any idea where to find something like that? I tried googling headbands
pearl and double headbands, etc. but keep winding up seeing tiaras and
such. But then again, this is the first time in my life I've done
internet searching for jewelry-type items, so I'm out of my league.

Thanks!