TJ Lane Thimbles

Old August 31st 03, 10:40 PM
frood

Default TJ Lane Thimbles

Anybody else have a thimble from Tommie? http://thimbles2fit.com/_home.htm
I bought my elephant thimble (it's a regular quilting thimble with elephants
on it) from her when she was in Raleigh at the end of May. I also purchased
a thimble ring, which she took back to her shop to size and solder.

I've emailed her twice asking if my ring was finished. Each time she said
something vague, like she'd been very busy, but my ring was next in line to
work on. Well, it's now been 3 months since I paid for the ring! Has anybody
else had problems with her?

I've been nice and friendly in my emails (she was so nice in person - I had
no reason to doubt her word), but now I think a sterner letter is in order.
I don't want to get nasty, but maybe I need Kate's big teeth!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old August 31st 03, 11:26 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

She's always been very good to deal with thru email. I bought one of her
thimbles (from a 3rd party vendor) and it is too big. When I contacted her,
she said, "We'll work until you get one that fits. You can mail it back or
bring it back to the original vendor." Well, I thought I was going to see
that vendor this summer, so I didn't mail it. I will be seeing them in Nov.
I didn't mail anything to her, so I don't know how that would work out. She
was very quick in sending a catalog and finger sizer.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

. com...

Old September 1st 03, 04:30 PM
Sud2rlg2

Hi Wendy
Hmmm - 90 days - definitely time to bring your budding friendship to a crashing
halt. I am sure you will handle this successfully.
Deena - in Philly