Attn Kevin! Attention Ramada Gals! (Happy Dance)

Old August 27th 03, 10:39 AM
Roberta Zollner

Default Attn Kevin! Attention Ramada Gals! (Happy Dance)

I love it, Sandy!
And this reminds me, since we've been talking about Houston 2004, let's give
Kevin a mission (should he choose to accept it): Find an inexpensive place
where ALL of us can stay. We could take over that Ramada! And Kevin can
reserve 20-30 rooms or so, find out if they need deposits, etc.
And then Sandy would have enough names for a full-size quilt ;-)
Roberta in D

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
I've finally finished my Ramada Gals quilt, which started out to be
Freddy Moran's Garden Party Ladies. I finished stitching the label on
last night and just took the quilt out of the dryer a minute ago.
Since I bought the fabrics for the dresses in Houston last fall, I
decided to make this quilt a sort of memory quilt of the fun the Ramada
Gals had there (I didn't have room for *all* of the RCTQers who attended
). I tried to make Kellie and Kevin honorary Ramada Gals, but I just
couldn't picture Kevin in a dress of provençal fabric. I should have
made one of the "ladies" into a man, but I didn't think of it until I'd
already quilted the stabilizing lines -- too late to want to undo an
entire block and make another one.

I really enjoyed piecing this quilt, but for some reason the quilting of
it was a chore -- not usually the case for me. Oh well. It's finished,
which is the important thing. I've put it on my site at

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster/misc.html, if you'd like to see it.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas -- happy to be finished with this one!

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster

Old August 27th 03, 02:15 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Sounds good to me. Can I suggest that we don't let Gen be the tour guide
tho?

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old August 27th 03, 04:10 PM
frood

Well, in that case, I'm all in favor of Gen the Tour Guide! And I'll arrange
a tour of the discount warehouse liquor store!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old August 27th 03, 08:02 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

Well, in that case, I'm all in favor of Gen the Tour Guide! And I'll arrange
a tour of the discount warehouse liquor store!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Margaritas for everyone, Wendy?

Old August 27th 03, 08:09 PM
frood

They're coming! Keep your pants on!

Old August 28th 03, 09:16 PM
ally

In article , LN (remove
NOSPAM) writes
Sounds good to me. Can I suggest that we don't let Gen be the tour guide
tho?

I'll second that!
VBEG
:-)