Help for handicapped stitcher

Old January 10th 04, 08:34 AM
Fred

Default Help for handicapped stitcher

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm blowing my own horn but my fabric mounts
are ideal for people with physical difficulties. Your friend would need
someone to help with the initial attaching of the fabric but after that she
would almost be away to the races.

I am a founding director and member of the executive of Network of
Entrepreneurs http://www.nedmb.org with offices in the headquarters of
Disabilities People International
http://www.dpi.org/en/locations/headquarters.htm and have assembled
stitching stations for people confined to wheel chairs who are slowly
recovering from heart stroke for minimal costs. For the disabled there is a
lot that must be considered besides buying something off the shelf which I
do not want to discuss here.

If I can be of help just go to http://www.stitchaway.com and email your
requirements. There is no string sell.
If you choose otherwise please tread carefully. There are a lot of able
bodied people making a fortune off of the disabled.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

"FSU Stitcher" wrote in message
om...
Hi--

I have a friend who has the use of only one hand. Can anyone
recommend a frame she can use. She was right handed, but has lost the
use of that hand and arm. Her left hand is very weak. I would like
to find something that she could use to mount her fabric for cross
stitch and/or needlepoint. Any ideas? TIA

FSU Stitcher

Old January 10th 04, 08:42 AM
Fred

Sorry for the second post but I had a few typos in the frist one.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm blowing my own horn but my fabric mounts
are ideal for some people with physical difficulties. Your friend would need

Entrepreneurs with Disabilities http://www.nedmb.org with offices in the
headquarters of Disabilities People International
http://www.dpi.org/en/locations/headquarters.htm and have assembled
stitching stations for people confined to wheel chairs who are slowly
recovering from heart stroke for minimal costs. For the disabled there is a
lot that must be considered besides buying something off the shelf which I
do not wish to discuss here.

If I can be of help just go to http://www.stitchaway.com and email your
requirements. There is no strong sell.

Old January 12th 04, 12:29 AM
aucfromb6

Hi FSU Stitche

I know i use the Lowery work stand. Look herecom/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NN&Product_Cod e=345
511-0006&Product_Count=&Category_Code

It would work well for her i would hope if she can get someone to se
it up for her.

Good luc

-
Chrissy Olso

Posted via MooTal
http://mootalk.com
Old January 13th 04, 12:23 AM
Pat P

I have the Lowry too - and the use of only one hand for the past twelve
years, and I can easily set it up for myself. It`s a Godsend! I use Siesta
interlocking barframes which come in pairs of "sticks" in many sizes, so you
can make up the best size and shape for your current needs. I fix the
fabric to them quite easily with drawing pins (thumb-tacks)

Pat P.
EAXStitch Designs
http://homepages.tesco.net/~porter

"aucfromb6" wrote in message
m...
Hi FSU Stitcher

I know i use the Lowery work stand. Look

herecom/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NN&Product_Cod e=345-
511-0006&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

It would work well for her i would hope if she can get someone to set
it up for her..

Good luck

--
Chrissy Olson