Reminder: CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE please & Quilting

Old November 9th 04, 05:37 PM
Ellison

Default Reminder: CHANGE THE SUBJECT LINE please & Quilting

Howdy!
While I can happily skip the political discussion by
moving the mouse, I'd prefer to read "Advice needed" as
pertaining to QUILTing advice, or something similar,
esp. when there is no "O.T." included in the subject line.
Please, change the subject line. It's not difficult.
Let the subject line indicate the topic of the post.
Thank you.

Btw, I'm QUILTING an older top for my husband's 85-yr.old aunt.
She used to make clothes for her 4 daughters, & pieced this top
from dress scraps, back in the 1940s. It's a simple 9 Patch,
nice color compliments; she made clothes, she was not a quilter.G
I've had a difficult time not fixing some of the prob..er.. challenges
included in the piecing process. But it is what it is and should
reflect the original maker. I love this woman!

Ragmop/Sandy--liberal, liberally changing subjects and lines ;-D

Old November 9th 04, 06:28 PM
taria

Hi Sandy, There is an "OT" on that thread but looks like the
original poster put in the ':' that gets th ot deleted on oe
(I think) I'm on Netscape here so it showed.
Glad there is quilting going on. It is dreary weather here and
good quilting weather.
It is always a good feeling to work on old quilt pieces/tops.
Really nice that you know the connection. No quilters in
my background that I know of.
Some of my best friends are liberal, I even sleep with a dem
Taria

Old November 9th 04, 06:49 PM
georg

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
While I can happily skip the political discussion by
moving the mouse, I'd prefer to read "Advice needed" as
pertaining to QUILTing advice, or something similar,
esp. when there is no "O.T." included in the subject line.
Please, change the subject line. It's not difficult.
Let the subject line indicate the topic of the post.
Thank you.

I am the originator, and I did have an OT in there. I am sorry about that.

Btw, I'm QUILTING an older top for my husband's 85-yr.old aunt.
She used to make clothes for her 4 daughters, & pieced this top
from dress scraps, back in the 1940s. It's a simple 9 Patch,
nice color compliments; she made clothes, she was not a quilter.G
I've had a difficult time not fixing some of the prob..er.. challenges
included in the piecing process. But it is what it is and should
reflect the original maker. I love this woman!

What a wonderful project! I have the only afghan my gram ever made.
Things like that are family treasures.

-georg
Old November 9th 04, 10:21 PM
Butterfly

Really? I sleep with my DH.

Snickersnort
Butterfly (just HAD to write that ; )

Old November 9th 04, 11:47 PM
taria

As long as nobody else does!
duckin and running Butterfuly
Taria

Old November 10th 04, 02:09 AM
Butterfly

They hadn't better even try.......haven't had to S W O R P anyone for a long
time and I sure donna wanna hafta now
Butterfly VBG

Old November 10th 04, 03:16 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
The OT comes and goes.
But--- Where's the "Advice needed" content as indicated
by the subject line?
Now that I know that those posts continue
to beat a dead horse Off Topic, I will continue to skip them.
Nothing to do w/ the original subject line, tho', of "advice needed."

Just a simple reminder: Change the subject line.

Ragmop/Sandy--who admits to skipping about 70% of the posts...