Your dream fabric line

Old August 18th 03, 10:42 AM
Mel Rimmer

Default Your dream fabric line

If you could design your own line of quilting fabrics, what would you
do? What colours, images, themes would you include? Would you want to
design a range of fabrics for a particular project you have in mind? Or
would you create a line that captured your individual style? Or do you
have an idea for a range of fabrics you know quilters everywhere would
just *have* to buy yards and yards of?

I'd like to hear your ideas and in a few days' time I will post my own
answers.
--
Mel Rimmer
Old August 18th 03, 10:54 AM
Sharon Harper

Oh heck! You guys sure ask the hardest questions! LOL. I am not in the
least artistic so designing fabric would prolly be the LAST thing I'd do.
However I do know that the colours would be bold, striking, yet pretty.
Lots of blues, greens, purples, sunsets, swirlies.......

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old August 18th 03, 11:07 AM
Kate Dicey

Mel Rimmer wrote:

If you could design your own line of quilting fabrics, what would you
do? What colours, images, themes would you include? Would you want to
design a range of fabrics for a particular project you have in mind? Or
would you create a line that captured your individual style? Or do you
have an idea for a range of fabrics you know quilters everywhere would
just *have* to buy yards and yards of?

I'd like to hear your ideas and in a few days' time I will post my own
answers.
--
Mel Rimmer

I think mine would be spodgy batiks in vibrant colours!

And a special range with really silly things on... Like chocolate
buttons and sewing machines!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old August 18th 03, 12:50 PM
Elena

Wow.. what a great question!
I can't wait to read what everyone writes about this.

For myself, I'm torn between bright colored prints that will read as a solid
from 5 feet away but as a print from 2 feet away or so. And I would have a
line of totally unrelated fabrics that help out with sparkle, shine and
punch. Bright black and white checks, Ruby red marble (the stone, not the
fabric line), brilliant purple orchids, fuchsia ocean waves, intense
chartreuse. Thanks for asking!

Elena in Tx

Old August 18th 03, 01:12 PM
Polly Esther

The dream fabrics just must be a very fine quality. I have some "crush" by
Nancy Crow and Dragonfly Woodcut from Kona Bay. Both have the feel of a
400-count sheet. Oh, so lovely.
My next quilt is going to need 7 distinct values. That's going to be a
fun hunt.
And the prints that look like they'll bite you will never find a place
here. There seems to be just too many prints out now that have an angry,
disturbed manner to them.
Just a few random, early morning thoughts. Whatever are you up to?
Inquiring minds...and all that. Polly

Old August 18th 03, 02:22 PM
Patti

What a wonderful question, Mel
I shall have to think about it. I wouldn't want to rush at this - might
be my only chance!!!
..
In article , Mel Rimmer
writes
If you could design your own line of quilting fabrics, what would you
do? What colours, images, themes would you include? Would you want to
design a range of fabrics for a particular project you have in mind? Or
would you create a line that captured your individual style? Or do you
have an idea for a range of fabrics you know quilters everywhere would
just *have* to buy yards and yards of?

I'd like to hear your ideas and in a few days' time I will post my own
answers.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 18th 03, 02:25 PM
Bob&Becky

Have you seen Luana Ruben's new line with the chocolates on it? It is your
dream fabric. You can see it at www.equilter.com Yum, yum!

Becky

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Yep, it would have to have choccies of all sorts and types on it.

Chocolate
cakes and cookies and bon bons, bars and syrups...
Other than that.. hmmmmmmm.... I love texturals... tone on tones. Prints
that read almost solid. They seem to be the easiest for me to use.

use
for flowers and leaves... shaded bits, like hand dyeds.
what an interesting question! Thanks Mel!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old August 18th 03, 03:16 PM
Roberta Zollner

This isn't useful to you, but what I REALLY need is some sort of brain
interface that would produce that non-existent FIM (fabric in mind) that I
always need to finish the current quilt. I know exactly what it looks like,
and it's miraculous luck to find even a distant approximation at the store.
Roberta in D

Old August 18th 03, 04:34 PM
Diana Curtis

Thank you for sharing that toothsome treat! Its nice, but its not as
*pretty* as I could hope for. I dont know whats missing, but it should make
my mouth water, and this just doesnt. :-(
Diana

FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
2 down, 4 to go & my fabric talks to me Diana Curtis Quilting 4 August 12th 03 03:40 AM
Wonky Fabric Rant Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 15 August 8th 03 12:50 PM