OT - Where you moving to?

Old August 31st 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.

Default OT - Where you moving to?

Would love to have that walk-in pantry and big kitchen! Good luck with the
move, Tina!

--
Donna in NE La.
"Tina" wrote in message
ups.com...
To answer elspeth's question posted on the "Hug Quilt" thread....

We are moving to Katy, TX (about 25 miles from where we currently live,
near downtown Houston).

We officially move in NINE days!

And I am so excited and so stressed at the same time, I'm about ready
to explode!

But it will all be worth it when the move is over. I will actually
have a sewing room (which will double as a guest room when my mom comes
out to stay). Our family of five will be going from a house with one
bathroom - to a house with FOUR bathrooms! And for the first time in
my life, I will actually have a kitchen where people can sit in the
kitchen and visit while I cook and there will be enough room and
counter space for the whole family to work on Christmas cookies at the
same time! And a pantry! OMG, I will actually have a walk-in pantry!

Ok, can you tell I'm a little bit enthusiastic? Now, if we can just
get through this move so I can unpack my 17 tubs of quilting/sewing
supplies and get back to work~! Right? LOL

Hugs,
Tina

Old September 1st 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Dh would have loved 4 bathrooms when he was growing up.....he has 6
sisters LOL

Dee in Oz

Louise wrote:
Tina,

That sounds so exciting - it's so great that you'll have a sewing room and a
kitchen that fits your needs. I find when we have people over, that's always
where they congregate!

I do have to laugh at your comment about the bathrooms! Growing up, we had a
family of six (four females) and one bathroom. We were quite organized in
the morning in order to get all of us in and out and still get to school on
time! And we didn't think a thing of it. I remember when my sister was
remodeling her house and added a third bathroom because her daughter and son
were having to share one! Mom gently reminded her that we did quite well
with just one when we were all at home. That didn't stop DS from going ahead
with her remodeling, though! I think it was easier than trying to "train"
her kids to get more organized.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old September 1st 06, 12:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tina

Thanks guys! We are really excited and really looking forward to it.

The kids have been really great about the bathroom situation - it's
just those "emergency" moments when you have an elementary guy who
"really have to go BAaad mom" and a teenage girl in the bathroom. It
never fails, someone has to "go really BAAaad" at the same time! LOL

And yes, I have already told the kids, they will have their own
bathroom responsibilities. I'm NOT cleaning all four of them by
myself!

I will definitely still be attending IQF and I will be working four
days of it. But I won't be working on the most important RCTQ meet-up
days! Those days have been specifically reserved for R & R and play
time with my friends!

Hugs,
Tina