Need Pattern Please Baby Booties

Old March 27th 05, 06:26 AM
JINGLES

Default Need Pattern Please Baby Booties

Hi All,

I was hoping that maybe someone out there might have a nice pattern
for some baby booties that they would be willing to share. Always get
such great people and info here, maybe someone can help?

Thank you!

JNG

Old March 27th 05, 07:29 AM
JINGLES

Hi Katherine!

Thank you for the reply. Just looking for something basic.

Thanks again!
JN

Old March 27th 05, 07:40 AM
Katherine

JINGLES wrote:
Hi All,

I was hoping that maybe someone out there might have a nice pattern
for some baby booties that they would be willing to share. Always get
such great people and info here, maybe someone can help?

What kind are you looking for? Have you googled for them? I find that there
are many free patterns available on all kinds of sites.

Good luck.

Katherine

Old March 27th 05, 09:18 AM
Aud

"JINGLES" skrev i melding
oups.com...
Hi Katherine!

Thank you for the reply. Just looking for something basic.

Thanks again!
JN

Hi JN!
If you scroll down this site, you will find links to
several crocheted and knitted booties!
Good luck!
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/baby.html#BOOTIES
AUD ;-))

Old March 27th 05, 10:39 PM
Ria

On 26 Mar 2005 21:26:57 -0800, "JINGLES" wrote:

Hi All,

I was hoping that maybe someone out there might have a nice pattern
for some baby booties that they would be willing to share. Always get
such great people and info here, maybe someone can help?

Thank you!

JNG

The pattern below is the traditional type of baby socks, I learned to make at
school.

Normally I use 3mm needles and the normal baby yarn ( we don't have names for
the thicknes of the yarns, but I suppose baby yarn is almost the same
everywhere).

Cast on 33 stitches.
Knit one row, purl the next and knit the third. Repeat this 5 times ( i. es
knit row 4, etc.)
This gives you three thick horizontal ribs.
In row 19 k4 yo, 5 times k5 yo, k4
In row 20 purl all, but knit together the yo with the next stitch. This makes 6
holes.
In row 21 knit all
In row 22 purl all.
This was the ankle part.

In row 23 knit 22 stitches and turn.
In row 24 purl 11 stiches and turn.
Now you continue knitting over the 11 stitches in the middle. This is the upper
part of the foot. The 11 stitches at both sides are not knitted now. Continue
until you obtain the desired length for the babies foot. You can use your
imagination here or if you want it traditionally, continue with knit a row, purl
a row, knit two rows, putl one row etc.

Now here it becomes tricky. Take up 11 stiches at one side of the upper foot
part and continue knitting on the 11 stiches that were waiting. Turn and do
the same thing at the other side. Now you shoul have 55 stiches. Knit 4 more
rows with all these stitches, or until you have reached the height of the foot.
You can do garter stitch of reverse stockinette here.

Next row knit 33 stitches and turn.
Next row knit 10 stitches, knit tog next 2, and turn.
Repeat this until you have 22 stitches left.
Next row knit 9 stitches, knit tog next 3 and turn
Next row knit 8 stitches, knit tog next 3 and turn
Continue until just 1 stitchs remains, ans cast off.

Close the litlle seam at the back, and make a cord to put through the holes.
This will hold the booties on the litlle feet. They can not kick them off, like
they do with socks.

Ria
Old March 28th 05, 03:00 AM
JINGLES

Thank you!!! This is exactly what we were looking for!!

Thank You!!

Old March 31st 05, 01:26 AM
Yarn Forward

There is a free pattern on our web site.
Roger.
http://www.yarnforward.com/babybonnet.html

--
Yarn Forward