What's in a name -- Purse Closure

Old May 19th 04, 05:43 PM
Christina Peterson

Default What's in a name -- Purse Closure

I'm looking for a purse closure, and can't find anything searching for it on
eBay. What I'm looking for is not a jaws and clasp/snap, but 2 strips of
spring steel that you open by pushing the ends in. Know what I mean? Know
what to look under?

Thanks,

Tina

Old May 19th 04, 06:37 PM
Arondelle

Christina Peterson wrote:
I'm looking for a purse closure, and can't find anything searching for it on
eBay. What I'm looking for is not a jaws and clasp/snap, but 2 strips of
spring steel that you open by pushing the ends in. Know what I mean? Know
what to look under?

I know exactly what you mean, and I don't remember what they're called
either. However, I bought mine from the Clotilde catalog or
http://www.clotilde.com/cl/

Ah! They're colled spring action frames. Clotilde has them in 12"
(handbag) and 17" (portfolio) sizes.

Tandy Leather used to sell small, coin purse-sized ones a dog's age ago,
but I dunno anymore.

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Shop eBay with me: http://snipurl.com/3usr
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Old May 20th 04, 04:59 AM
Christina Peterson

Thanks, Denise,

That's exactly it, They even have it in 7". But whew, $6.50. Still, what
with the work I've put into it, it might be worth it.

Tina

Old May 20th 04, 11:08 AM
patch

Glad I could help Tina. Clasps are always expensives... look at those
sew-on frames for the knitted purses! share pictures of your purse when
you are done... purses are one of my passion.

"patch" wrote in message
Ghee's handbags sell that : http://www.ghees.com/

Denise

"Christina Peterson" a écrit dans le message de
I'm looking for a purse closure, and can't find anything searching for

it
on
eBay. What I'm looking for is not a jaws and clasp/snap, but 2 strips

of
spring steel that you open by pushing the ends in. Know what I mean?

Know
what to look under?

Thanks,

Tina

Wire and bead purse pattern Cathy Beads 4 February 15th 04 05:17 PM
Eye Candy - Swaro Purse Dr. Sooz Beads 2 August 23rd 03 07:38 AM
Beautiful beaded purse!!! love hello kitty! Beads 3 July 28th 03 05:12 PM