OT - Weight Loss

Old September 8th 03, 08:46 PM
Flossy

Default OT - Weight Loss

I started dieting last Monday and my first weigh in was brilliant !!!!
I lost 10lbs in a week and am hoping to lose at least 4 lbs this week. I have a
long way to go to reach my target ( a total loss of 6 stones ) but am
determined to do it before next years holiday to the States. If no one objects
I would like to post my weekly losses as it will help me stick to it. I would
love any low fat recipes that anyone can share as it does become difficult to
think of 'dieting' meals that are tasty
Thanks for listening

Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://photos.yahoo.com/flossy3353

Old September 8th 03, 08:59 PM
AliceW

Good for you, Flossy! I can tell from the tone of your email you are
determined to do this! Do it safely though, not too fast! What program are
you doing? I am on LA Weight Loss and I am 3.2 ounces from goal weight. I
have been on program since January 2nd. My son's upcoming wedding was part
of the motivation, but a new job and tight clothes were the primary
motivator. There are tons of good websites to get low-fat recipes. I would
suggest trying some of those. I don't mind if you post your results, we'll
cheer you on!

Alice in NJ

Old September 8th 03, 09:31 PM
jules

WTG, I hope you have a smooth weight journey. Go ahead and post your
achievements and tell us what quilting stuff you are rewarding yourself with
;o) then it won't be OT

--
Jules

Old September 8th 03, 10:21 PM
Patti

Well done Flossy
But please don't lose six stone, you'll disappear. Surely you're not
that much overweight?
..
In article , Flossy
writes
I started dieting last Monday and my first weigh in was brilliant !!!!
I lost 10lbs in a week and am hoping to lose at least 4 lbs this week. I have a
long way to go to reach my target ( a total loss of 6 stones ) but am
determined to do it before next years holiday to the States. If no one objects
I would like to post my weekly losses as it will help me stick to it. I would
love any low fat recipes that anyone can share as it does become difficult to
think of 'dieting' meals that are tasty
Thanks for listening

Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://photos.yahoo.com/flossy3353

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 8th 03, 10:56 PM
nzl*

omg, Flossy, 10 lbs the first week, thats fantastic.
keep up the great work girl.
how'd ya do it so quickly?
post anything ya want on this subject.
i need someway to get dh to understand that what he buys and brings into the
house he'll have to hide from me or at the very least not eat it in front of
me or serve it to me.
he just doesnt get it, i got noooooooo will power at all for some things.

i figure i quit smoking 25yrs ago...how many big accomplishments are
possible in one lifetime.
that took me 3.5yrs to get thru all those times when i'd think, hmmmmm, just
one ciggy wont hurt me. i know better, one leads to two, to three, to right
back on those suckers full time. nope 3.5yrs was a looooooooong haul but i
did it.
now i have to lose weight. i need to 'off' about 3.5 stone i reckon.
i'd like to know how that method of 'body type and specific foods' that can
'reshape your body' works. add a bit of 'pilates' too and might be the way
for me to go. hmmmmmmm.
jeanne*

"Flossy" wrote ...

Old September 8th 03, 10:59 PM
Miriam \Mim\ Spencer

You're invited to visit New England, and Maine especially, when you come.
When are you coming?? and where are you planning to go??

I'm getting excited to see you - maybe??

Mim

Old September 9th 03, 12:16 AM
Donna in Idaho

Flossy, why don't you join us at alt.support.diet.weigh****chers? You don't
have to be on Weight Watchers to join the group. You'll get lots of ideas,
atta boys, recipe suggestions, and lots of support from asdww! Once a week
one of the subscribers posts a message with dozens of links to websites for
all sorts of recipes, etc., etc.
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Old September 9th 03, 12:22 AM
Kate Dicey

Flossy wrote:

I started dieting last Monday and my first weigh in was brilliant !!!!
I lost 10lbs in a week and am hoping to lose at least 4 lbs this week. I have a
long way to go to reach my target ( a total loss of 6 stones ) but am
determined to do it before next years holiday to the States. If no one objects
I would like to post my weekly losses as it will help me stick to it. I would
love any low fat recipes that anyone can share as it does become difficult to
think of 'dieting' meals that are tasty
Thanks for listening

Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://photos.yahoo.com/flossy3353

Well done! Don't try to lose too rapidly - you don't want to end up
with lots of loose skin, like a people coloured prune! And of you lose
it at a reasonable rate, it's more likely to stay off.
--
Kate XXXXXX (on the same journey!)
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 9th 03, 01:03 AM
Mika

Hi Flossy!! Congratulations!!!!!! I'm glad you posted this. I am doing the
Atkins diet. I don't know how much I've lost yet but I get to weigh in at my
doctors office in the morning. I know I've lost some though. So maybe we can
both post our results and support each other in our efforts. Keep up the
good work.

Mika

Old September 9th 03, 02:50 AM
Donna in Idaho

Kate - I love your people colored prune description!
--

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Flossy wrote:

[...]

"Karats" measured by weight or volume? Don A. Gilmore Jewelry 13 November 9th 04 02:09 AM
Soap Making Weight Questions. Vijay General Crafting 1 March 14th 04 03:41 PM
chain weight question m4816k Jewelry 0 August 9th 03 07:28 PM
Weight loss/gain was Scand?? Dr. Sooz Beads 10 July 29th 03 01:57 PM
Feather weight and 301a yarnmama Marketplace 0 July 25th 03 02:09 AM